Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2021, 05:22 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
SPC (Stone Polymer Composite) Vinyl Planking

I have read many places about replacing carpets and stone with Vinyl Planking with mixed reviews.I have started to look at this SPC Vinyl planking to do ours as it doesn't get affected by temperature change so is recommended for things like cabins that have temperature fluctuation.
Has anybody used this product in their rig?
It seems to be available in click or glue down version and they thought the glue down would be better.

We just looked at some and it is available in either the wood look or stone and the guy took my keys and ran them over the planks to show the durability and scratch resistance.
This is for our 2004 Monaco diplomat with 3 slides.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2021, 07:08 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
I installed some of this product two years ago in the entire motor home less the bedroom with no complaints yet. I used Cali "vinyl pro" planks (they snap or click together I suppose).
https://www.calibamboo.com/product-a...904009501.html
It is an SPC vinyl material like you said and is supposed to be very temperature stable. I just floated the floor instead of glue down but I would think both methods would work. Easy material to cut and install. Never had any gaps or buckling. No scratches yet.
c_oneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 09:14 AM   #3

I am not sure if you refer to LVP (luxury vinyl plank) , I installed on my H/R Navigator last year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3825.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	345972   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3830.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	345973  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3832.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	345974   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1227.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	345975  

Old 10-13-2021, 06:03 PM   #4
YC1

That looks outstanding. And I suspect the weight savings is huge. The heavy tiles in my rv probably weigh well over 1000 lbs. Just based on what I installed in my home a few years ago.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 11:54 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the pics of the LVP in your HR Navigator. Looks great and makes me realize that I want a product that has the matching accesories. The one SPC product I was looking at used more generic noses and reducers. I was looking at SPC just because it is a little more rigid and for the handling of temperature change. I plan on doing this project this winter when we are down south and wonder how long it took you to do the job not including the prep time?
My prep is going to be a little ugly as we have a fair amount of ceramic tile to rip out.
Old 10-14-2021, 03:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00zx6r View Post
I am not sure if you refer to LVP (luxury vinyl plank) , I installed on my H/R Navigator last year.
Thats a really nice job! You must know flooring. I see you used OSB for underlayment. Was it necessary, what thickness and is OSB the best choice?
Old 10-14-2021, 08:40 PM   #7

How does all of this work with heavy slides?

2005 Newmar MountainAire here. The slide rollers leave big dents in the carpet.
bentjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 01:19 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I also have that concern as we have two slides and the reviews of the AP product 013-4300 are not good as they are too thick and the slide doesn't close properly. They don't seem to be available anyways but Lippert Components say their slide-out slicker was made for carpet but works fine with vinyl flooring.Someone else said to cut off the end with the carpet grippers for use on wood or vinyl floors.

https://store.lci1.com/slide-out-slicker-134993.html

Tags
vinyl