Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2020, 08:18 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Stabilizing a Class A with no Jacks

A good friend of mine just purchased a 1993 Fleetwood Coronado 28 foot Class A motorhome. It is in Excellent condition and drives and rides like a big SUV.
This model did not come with hydralic jacks but with the help of a LEVEL PRO app and modgel he has no problem getting it level pretty quick.
His problem is stablelizing it so it doesn't rock n roll when walking around inside. I suggested getting some screw jacks to place under the frame once level but he dosen't like that idea because it's too hard on his knees to get down and under the MH to set them up.
I told him I would run this by you guys to see if there was any ideas out there.

All input appreciated
1Motorhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2020, 10:27 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Motorhome View Post
A good friend of mine just purchased a 1993 Fleetwood Coronado 28 foot Class A motorhome. It is in Excellent condition and drives and rides like a big SUV.
This model did not come with hydralic jacks but with the help of a LEVEL PRO app and modgel he has no problem getting it level pretty quick.
His problem is stablelizing it so it doesn't rock n roll when walking around inside. I suggested getting some screw jacks to place under the frame once level but he dosen't like that idea because it's too hard on his knees to get down and under the MH to set them up.
I told him I would run this by you guys to see if there was any ideas out there.

All input appreciated
A friend of mine did that with an older model Winnebago Brave. He bought two pairs of electric RV frame jacks with remote controls. Similar in looks to these https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack...SC-24-IND.html but with remotes and electric actuator motors.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 07:55 AM   #3

I welded scissor jacks at all four corners. I used an 18 volt drill with an extension to operate them up and down. Worked like a charm on the old Pace Arrow.

DIY Rear Panhard Rod
exrench is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:05 AM   #4

Travel trailer electric stabler jacks if they are not going to lift the weight of the motorhome.

https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack...ABEgLQx_D_BwE"

Or something like this for individual corners.

https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack...17-943010.html
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, jacks