Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #1

Thinking of using several colors of fabric dye to create an imperfectly perfect ceiling. Taping everything off and creating a "stipple" non-pattern aka French wash using transparent dye in spray bottles or sponges in different colors.
Open to ANY ideas that have been tried, no leaks now just lots of water stains, thanks
GuitarLefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
We use to get carpet cleaner guys to come in and clean the stains they sprayed some cleaning agent on it then use the steamer to clean it off and it was like new again just a thought to try before going to extreme
Old 07-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightriderrv
We use to get carpet cleaner guys to come in and clean the stains they sprayed some cleaning agent on it then use the steamer to clean it off and it was like new again just a thought to try before going to extreme
Thanks
Old 07-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #4

I am interested in this as well.No more leaks just annoying brown rings in carpet ceiling. I found a product called "Simply Spray" and there is a video on youtube of a guy spraying his floor mats on a lexus. Might be worth a look. I have also heard of the heat from a cleaner service steam machine would loosen the adhesive and cause carpet to sag. However id be willing to risk if you have had luck that way.
Thanks!
Damon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon92
I am interested in this as well.No more leaks just annoying brown rings in carpet ceiling. I found a product called "Simply Spray" and there is a video on youtube of a guy spraying his floor mats on a lexus. Might be worth a look. I have also heard of the heat from a cleaner service steam machine would loosen the adhesive and cause carpet to sag. However id be willing to risk if you have had luck that way.
Thanks!
There doesn't seem to be a good answer that everyone gravitates to, I'll let you know how it works out. I've thought also of using a spray adhesive to overlay a very light weight linen material, thanks
Old 07-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #6

Thanks...that sounds like a good idea if cleaning it doesn't work.
Good luck
Damon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:21 AM   #7

You can try this formula 1/3 bleach 1/3 hydrogen peroxide and 1/3 distilled water in a spray bottle. Just spray tell damp and let dry. Make sure your MH is well ventalated. Worked great on mine
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:15 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just went through this with a stained carpeted ceiling. Tried different cleaners and methods to no avail. Then was recommended to "InstaGone" by a friend who had the same need. It worked gteat!

Spray on (don't saturate), wait ~30 minutes, spray again (from a different angle). Repeat as needed (especially bad spots I did maybe six times). No scrubbing whatsoever. Use lots of ventilation and cover furniture and such underneath. Let the ventilation continue for a day or two to disapate the smell.

I bought it from QVC - avalable elsewhere as well. Instagone Multi-Purpose Stain Remover w/22 oz. Bottle
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:31 AM   #9

I had brown stains from the roof air not being tight enough. Someone on this forum recommended oxyclean spray. It worked like a charm and ceiling looks brand new. Good luck.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:42 AM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I had a couple of problems with water stains on my ceiling carpet, my wife suggested woolite, worked really well.
tims52ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:33 AM   #11

I have used the 1 to 1 Clorox to water formula on the ceiling and Oxyclean on my front curtains . Both work well.
Paula
progers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:49 AM   #12

Brother-in-law just went through this. Stains on ceiling from leaking air conditioner. RV tech he uses told him to mix 1 part bleach to 10 parts water, cover everything up underneath the area and spray on as a fine mist. Don't scrub or anything just let it stand. Let it stand over night. He went back out next day and it worked like a champ!
Dale F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:33 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stink
you can try this formula 1/3 bleach 1/3 hydrogen peroxide and 1/3 distilled water in a spray bottle. Just spray tell damp and let dry. Make sure your mh is well ventalated. Worked great on mine
this concoction worked incredibly well, thank you
Old 08-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I used the BISSEL Little Green Machine for a few areas on my 99 American Dream...................And it worked like a Dream.
TRAILERKING is offline   Reply With Quote