Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2014, 08:30 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Steering stabilizer - blowout control

We had a Beaver Marquis that was equipped with the Howard Power Center steering system. When we sold the coach I made the mistake of not removing the HPC system. We now have a 45' Monaco coach and I wanted a HPC for it. Turns out that HPC are no longer in business. Carry Kaiser at Kaiser Alignment in Eugene, OR, who is quite familiar with the HPC systems recommend a Safe-T-Plus with the Henderson trim adjust option as the closest replacement for the HPC system.

I have now driven almost 7000 miles with the Safe-T-Plus system and Henderson Trim Adjust installed and can say that is is just as good as the HPC system was in controlling the handling of the coach, especially in cross winds and on roads that are crowned. It is possible to have a 90 degree cross wind that has flags standing stright out from their poles, set the trim, take your hands off the wheel and the coach will not drift out of the lane you are in. The same holds true for severely crowned roads. I just hope I never have a chance to test it's performance in a front tire blowout situation but I feel it's there if I need it.
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2014, 08:34 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
How does your setup compare to the Blue-Ox Tru-Center?

Do you know of anyone that has tried both?

Just asking.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:59 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Why I rejected Tru-Center system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
How does your setup compare to the Blue-Ox Tru-Center?

Do you know of anyone that has tried both?
I originally was going to get the BlueOx Tru-center. Carry Kaiser told me that they recently had a coach similar to ours where they installed three Tru-center systems in a row that did not preform as advertised. BlueOx accepted the return of the three systems. Kasier then installed the Safe-T-Plus with Henderson Trim Adjust and got the cross wind / road crown control that they wanted. Based on this experience, I chose the Safe-T-Plus system and am very pleased with it.
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Chet,

Thanks for the valuable feedback!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steering