Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2016, 05:54 PM   #15

don't forget about the Foretravel REALM, - maybe a little higher than your budget as it's at MHSRV in the mid 7's new, but they may also have several used models.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2016, 10:28 PM   #16
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You can fine out any thing you want to know about a Newmar here.
For problems you can go through the forum threads and for more info you can look through the links below in my signature for Newmar's.
Good luck in what ever you decide.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:38 AM   #17

Thank you for all the comments, one lengthy post had to get a personal TY sendout from me wowza!

So, on the Newmar (yep, mainly been looking at King Aire), I really like that coach but the Newmar floorplans?... I just can't fall in love with! It's not the slideouts, they are roomy (and Entegra btw has the smallest sq ft-age of the 3 I've been looking at so far), it's just the Newmar floorplan(s) and layouts... they just are "sacrificial" in almost every manor. So far the big snag w the Newmar KA lineup.

Speaking of slides and floorplans, I really like the roomy AC Eagle-Heritage's; super spacious w an almost full slide on the backside. Their cockpit blows away Entegra and even the Newmar's. I already heard the lame excuse Entegra has about doing a full slide ..."weakens the roof support due to the less(er) vertical support". In this day and age, get it done (like the others are/have).

I think the AC Eagle Heritage has just about everything like the way I want (layout wise). Here's some of my pluses and minus' of the American...
(-) Outside color scheme's and swirlies... just not impressive.
(-) Freightliner chassis (as said, I own a bunch of FL's and never considered them high-end). So kinda scary.
(-) Front cap design. FUGLY! Worst of all my coach shopping. What were you thinking American Coach designers? damnnn nasty!
(-) Kinda relates to above^ Not a grand windshield at all!, maybe I'm spoiled from the Entegra? lol
(-) Slides don't have smooth edge (no lip) transition design like the Entegra.
(-) Tiled floors have an 'okay' surrounding black tile "strip", but then tie in the gaps in a weird non uniform way. Looks hob jobby.
(-) Battery bank not coach centered.
(-) Only a 10K genset? Entegra's 12.5K is smart especially when having both induction cooktops on w other running gadgets/AC.

(+) Great floorplans and layouts, super slides... love da' space!
(+) Dash and cockpit. American-C is BEST by far, Newar K-A isn't bad and Entegra's doesn't match the rest of their high-tech design whatsoever. Yes, Entegra's cockpit is "wtf?" outdated.
(+) LED undercoach lighting. Hey, It caught my eye!
(+) High gloss cabinet option. Ever since seeing a Prevost w this, I've fallen for it. Gorgeous, sets itself apart from a "travel trailer"!
(+) Price. Retail seems (more) inflated as to the discounted price, which makes it in my range! (a strange kinda plus!)
(+/-) Ceiling has no exposed vents (nice), but a big blob in the middle; normally where the mirrored LED "showoff" decor light/effect is. Worth the tradeoff?, hmmm

Okay, these were some quick 'aesthetic things' on the American Coach Eagle Heritage. I can't get over the ugly front cap and the small windshield, otherwise I think I might "suffer" on the other things.

Still shopping...........
Top_Speed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:01 PM   #18

Not that I could afford any of these rigs, but it sure is a fun read! 😁
UncleBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:22 AM   #19

I've had a bunch of PM's on this subject... and thank you for your comments!

I'm not steering this thread to be a brand war, I know everyone has their favorite and is proud of the coach they chose. I'm just trying to weigh everything out and make this decision correct (for me) the first time, at least in the coach buying world.

So brands will play a big part of this, if anything I say, or for anyone else's brand comments, please keep it pleasant and as just an opinion... of yours (or mine!). It's all good, brand/make/model is what this is about, quite hard to keep everyone's feelings unhurt, but we're adults, we can do it!

Also Dealers (pro's & con's) will come into play. All good here, don't take anything 'personal'.

So back on track... and I've also had a few other Mfgr brands PM'd to me, I will check these out for sure! My 3 contenders as it stands/ alphabetical order;

*American Coach (Eagle/Heritage)
*Entegra (Cornerstone) plus a PM about considering an Anthem is duly noted! (price)
*Newmar (King Aire)

Still kicking my brains in frustration "fun mode".
Old 11-01-2016, 07:51 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Speed1 View Post
I already heard the lame excuse Entegra has about doing a full slide ..."weakens the roof support due to the less(er) vertical support". In this day and age, get it done (like the others are/have)
Why do you even care? Entegra's 45A, B and W floorplans have all the advantages of a full-wall slide without the disadvantages. When the slides are open, you cannot even tell from inside the coach that it is not a full-wall slide. But when you look at the height of the slideouts, they are taller due to the lack of a heavy beam which is required to provide wall strength for a full-wall slide. The result is more room in the Entegra slideouts, and fewer issues relating to the slideout length. With an Entegra, you don't have to go outside to check the "reveal", as Newmar coaches require before extending the slide. And AC coaches with full-wall slide require the engine to be running when extending/retracting the big slide unless you are plugged into shore power. Entegra has none of these issues.

I'm not saying the Newmar's aren't excellent coaches, because they are. But I think the lack of a full-wall slide on the Entegra is an advantage and not a detriment.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:21 AM   #21

Going to the large RV shows, for us was the best way to see and compare all manufacturers and the models they offer
We went to the Hershey and Tampa shows and the time spent was invaluable.
Opportunity to walk thru, sit in and test drive equipment from the various manufacturers.
Also of great value, was discussion with current owners and other shoppers learning the individual likes and dislikes for each model
Good luck in your search. So many choices!
252sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:05 AM   #22

Top_Speed1 since you are knee deep into research, can you post any information you have found as far as insulation goes on those 3 brands you listed above?

That is a key factor for us for both winter and summer living.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:28 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblin-roll View Post
Going to the large RV shows, for us was the best way to see and compare all manufacturers and the models they offer
We went to the Hershey and Tampa shows and the time spent was invaluable.
Opportunity to walk thru, sit in and test drive equipment from the various manufacturers.
Also of great value, was discussion with current owners and other shoppers learning the individual likes and dislikes for each model
Good luck in your search. So many choices!
X2. There is nothing that can compare with being able to sit in the seats, try the doors, look in (and measure) the storage spaces, and feel the quality (or lack thereof). Internet shopping just doesn't compare. You can compare many different brands side by side at a big show, unlike at a dealer where there are relatively few brands on display. The big shows (think Tampa and Hershey) are the best places to go in order to learn and decide.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:33 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyOutlaw View Post
Top_Speed1 since you are knee deep into research, can you post any information you have found as far as insulation goes on those 3 brands you listed above?

That is a key factor for us for both winter and summer living.
From posts on other threads it appears Newmar and Entegra are heads above all others in insulation R-factors with Entegra slightly better than Newmar.
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:08 AM   #25

Quote:
Thank you for all the comments, one lengthy post had to get a personal TY sendout from me wowza!

So, on the Newmar (yep, mainly been looking at King Aire), I really like that coach but the Newmar floorplans?... I just can't fall in love with! It's not the slideouts, they are roomy (and Entegra btw has the smallest sq ft-age of the 3 I've been looking at so far), it's just the Newmar floorplan(s) and layouts... they just are "sacrificial" in almost every manor. So far the big snag w the Newmar KA lineup.

Speaking of slides and floorplans, I really like the roomy AC Eagle-Heritage's; super spacious w an almost full slide on the backside. Their cockpit blows away Entegra and even the Newmar's. I already heard the lame excuse Entegra has about doing a full slide ..."weakens the roof support due to the less(er) vertical support". In this day and age, get it done (like the others are/have).

I think the AC Eagle Heritage has just about everything like the way I want (layout wise). Here's some of my pluses and minus' of the American...
(-) Outside color scheme's and swirlies... just not impressive.
(-) Freightliner chassis (as said, I own a bunch of FL's and never considered them high-end). So kinda scary.
(-) Front cap design. FUGLY! Worst of all my coach shopping. What were you thinking American Coach designers? damnnn nasty!
(-) Kinda relates to above^ Not a grand windshield at all!, maybe I'm spoiled from the Entegra? lol
(-) Slides don't have smooth edge (no lip) transition design like the Entegra.
(-) Tiled floors have an 'okay' surrounding black tile "strip", but then tie in the gaps in a weird non uniform way. Looks hob jobby.
(-) Battery bank not coach centered.
(-) Only a 10K genset? Entegra's 12.5K is smart especially when having both induction cooktops on w other running gadgets/AC.

(+) Great floorplans and layouts, super slides... love da' space!
(+) Dash and cockpit. American-C is BEST by far, Newar K-A isn't bad and Entegra's doesn't match the rest of their high-tech design whatsoever. Yes, Entegra's cockpit is "wtf?" outdated.
(+) LED undercoach lighting. Hey, It caught my eye!
(+) High gloss cabinet option. Ever since seeing a Prevost w this, I've fallen for it. Gorgeous, sets itself apart from a "travel trailer"!
(+) Price. Retail seems (more) inflated as to the discounted price, which makes it in my range! (a strange kinda plus!)
(+/-) Ceiling has no exposed vents (nice), but a big blob in the middle; normally where the mirrored LED "showoff" decor light/effect is. Worth the tradeoff?, hmmm

Okay, these were some quick 'aesthetic things' on the American Coach Eagle Heritage. I can't get over the ugly front cap and the small windshield, otherwise I think I might "suffer" on the other things.

Still shopping...........
There's one big minus you left out. They have a high depreciation. Friend of mine has been trying for two years to sell a 2012 Heritage. Worth less than half of what he paid.
Misty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:58 AM   #26

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I posted this about a week ago. You can research them till the cows come home and still be no further down the road than when you started. Are any of them superior than the others, honestly no. When you walk into the "ONE", you will know it.

You buy what is right for you. As someone else stated, find a floor plan you like, then find the different manufactures that have that floor plan or something similar. Walk in them, look around, touch things, feel things, operate things. Lay on the bed, stand in the shower, sit on the potty. Can you do everything you need to do in those areas?
No one can tell you the perfect coach. Its a personal decision.
We knew the floor plan we liked and that they have only been using our floorp lan for a couple of years. We walked in Tiffins, Holiday Ramblers, American Coach, Monocos, Entegras, Newmars and Winnebagos. All of them very fine coaches. They all have very good fit and finish and quality. Are they all trouble free? Not a chance.
Why did we choose American Coach? Simple, it was "THE ONE" for us.
You will know "THE ONE" for you when you walk into it.
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 02:40 PM   #27

Loving this forum

Those last few posts were ALL spot on, I cannot argue with anything said^^^.

I have visited Lazy D's in Tucson, had a wonderful time getting my feet wet. I know a ton more now than I did then, which I guess is starting to make me a more educated coach buyer.

Hershey (PA I take it?) is only about 5hrs away, I will look this show up and get it done. I still have to go to RVone in Buffalo as well. The more knowledge I go in with, the better. I know what I want, and the more I go at this it all becomes more focused in. Since I'm on a ~500K budget, this limits my dreaming somewhat, but I also have a wife who has input as well... she's pretty easy however, give her the galley, master bedroom and bath 'priority choice' and I'm good to go with my boy toy stuff.

Speaking of that, I'm a tech geek. I really want bigger LED TV's (than all of these have). Spoiled? hehe, well my friends custom Prevost has a 65" 4K Samsung that is beyond stunning. The 50" sets (in these) are barely worthy of these coaches, and the outside one's are WAY to small! I'm really thinking the design engineers are behind in this, hey a luxury coach should have a luxury TV! lol.

The slideout comments was really interesting. I didn't mean that the Entegra was inadequate b/c of the smaller slides, but just sq. footage is worth a major consideration being that this coach will mold into a possible full-time RV for us (at least full-time snowbirding in the winter months).

On walking into "The one" and knowing it? Well... I already have! But, the price tag was almost 2.5M! (Prevost/M conversion). I really wish I never have toured this coach as it gave me lot's of idea's, expensive ones!

Back to reality. My wife asked me last night during halftime of the MNF game "If you had to chose one of the three RIGHT NOW, what would you chose?"
My answer; "I really don't know, flip a coin I guess"
Old 11-01-2016, 06:48 PM   #28

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Loving this forum

Those last few posts were ALL spot on, I cannot argue with anything said^^^.

I have visited Lazy D's in Tucson, had a wonderful time getting my feet wet. I know a ton more now than I did then, which I guess is starting to make me a more educated coach buyer.

Hershey (PA I take it?) is only about 5hrs away, I will look this show up and get it done. I still have to go to RVone in Buffalo as well. The more knowledge I go in with, the better. I know what I want, and the more I go at this it all becomes more focused in. Since I'm on a ~500K budget, this limits my dreaming somewhat, but I also have a wife who has input as well... she's pretty easy however, give her the galley, master bedroom and bath 'priority choice' and I'm good to go with my boy toy stuff.

Speaking of that, I'm a tech geek. I really want bigger LED TV's (than all of these have). Spoiled? hehe, well my friends custom Prevost has a 65" 4K Samsung that is beyond stunning. The 50" sets (in these) are barely worthy of these coaches, and the outside one's are WAY to small! I'm really thinking the design engineers are behind in this, hey a luxury coach should have a luxury TV! lol.

The slideout comments was really interesting. I didn't mean that the Entegra was inadequate b/c of the smaller slides, but just sq. footage is worth a major consideration being that this coach will mold into a possible full-time RV for us (at least full-time snowbirding in the winter months).

On walking into "The one" and knowing it? Well... I already have! But, the price tag was almost 2.5M! (Prevost/M conversion). I really wish I never have toured this coach as it gave me lot's of idea's, expensive ones!

Back to reality. My wife asked me last night during halftime of the MNF game "If you had to chose one of the three RIGHT NOW, what would you chose?"
My answer; "I really don't know, flip a coin I guess"
That 2.5mil Prevost wasn't the "one" then. It didn't meet all your points. Price being one.
Quite frankly, I've never really liked the Prevost conversions. They always look like whorehouses on wheels to me. ROFL. Then again, I don't like my old mans Newell either.
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, newmar