RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2017, 09:43 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
Congrats on your decision!!!

That is a huge black tank capacity, do you know if some drains flow to the black tank besides the throne? (If not, and you plan to do lots of boon docking. Search on this board for some of us who have put in pumps from Grey to Black, to increase overall capacity of the Grey (Usually the main limit on how long you can boon dock!))

And I know you're place the order for the truck too. But are you sure you have adequate contingency load/towing capacity with the F350 for that the Thunderbolt you have chosen. Especially loaded to go with the toys? 15+ years ago when I was research truck trailer/fiver vs Class A, I was planning to follow the advise I'd been given by many, to have a good 20% contingency of capacity on the tow vehicle as far as the trailer/fiver being towed. (You've done lots of homework, heck this is a long thread in itself, and I'm sure you've done much more too... But wanted to at least ask if you're 100% sure you have enough capacity with your two vehicle. F450 or even HDT's are not uncommon when seeing 38' + fivers. And yeah, part of your length is the garage, but goodies/weight go into that garage space too!)

But most of all, ongoing best of luck with your choices, and the upcoming RV barn too!
Smitty
Thanks Smitty, plus on your prior contributions in this thread!

I did over-shoot my weight ratings w the new DRW truck order. The truck tongue weight rating is 2K lbs higher than the 5er tongue weight, and the pull load is cleared by 4K lbs plus. These are loaded gross weights of course.

Also, I have currently a B&W 20K 5th wheel hitch, but have just ordered in a new Reese Elite 25K lbs hitch. So I will have some clearance there now as well.

Appreciate the concern and this is good stuff, safety is always no.1!
Top_Speed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2017, 07:56 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE_ View Post
We have an Anthem, I am heavy footed on the throttle. Towing I average 7.1 MPG and 70mph for me is SLOW. I stay 72-79 MPH. A friend who owns Cornerstone who tows a Jeep (as I do) gets about .1 to .2 less than me so it is negligible. You are correct about taller gears and less RPM. A diesel is an air breathing machine so RPM correlates to fuel delivery.
What are the speed ratings for the tires you run? Boy that speed sounds fast and dangerous 2 me.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:46 PM   #115

Entegra Owners Club
Michelin XZA2's. Not a problem on those at all.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:24 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Speed1 View Post
Been getting things down in choices (well, so I thought).

I've been emailing RVOne (Robin McCraken) about the Cornerstone. Received a pretty fair price as well, but not having others submit theirs yet? anyways I got an anchor thrown out at me last night.

Plan A
as of right now is to go with an ordered-in Cornerstone. The K3 chassis is favored by me more so than the FL. The 2 year warranty weighs the scale too much that the others don't quite come back enough to surface as the clear (if you can call it that!) winner. I still like some things on the AC Eagle-H, and some things on the Newmar KA better than the Entegra Conerstone. I think it's always going to be this way, I am content on waiting however till the 2018s come out. It seems Entegra has corrected a lot of things (customer issues) from their 2016's to their 2017's.

Reviewing the videos on the Entegra factory Spring Fling RV/Owners Roundup proves this as totally true. I really liked how you signed up, showed up and gave them 3 issues to fix at the campsite. All good reviews, owners thoughts on this and all agreeing that this service level is awesome! (and not to be missed if you're an Entegra owner). I'm sure the other brands have something similar? But, pretty cool tbh.

So the one main thing I thought we had down was the exterior color: Blue. Debbie said she liked it and if that was my color of choice for the exterior "all good w me!".... Until........ I showed her a pic of the exact Cornerstone in RED!

So now we debate on the exterior color!?... when the exterior was supposed to be my choice. ugh! ...and yes, all womanz are crazy! lol

My choice, more subtle

Some back ground. Bought my third RV within three years.
3013 Class C as first buy in 2014.
2013 Allegro 36LA second buy in 2015.
2016 Newmar Ventana 4036LA in 2016.
Working our way up the line.
My questions for you are, your references to the MH frames disparities. Freight Liner versus the K3 chases?
What goes wrong with a chases that warrants concerns?
Are there catastrophic failures I need to be aware of? Signs of pending issues? Noise complaints? Please list the issues you have with the FL frames your familiar with. What is the 2 yr warrantee covering that you mention your sold on?
Just wanting to be an informed future purchaser as you apparently made yourself.
PS
I enjoyed reading your analysis and thorough posts. Thanks for that alone.
Nadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:33 PM   #117

FL chassis versus K3 chassis issues

Some back ground. Bought my third RV within three years.
2013 Class C (Newbee) as first buy in 2014.
2013 Allegro 36LA second buy in 2015.
2016 Newmar Ventana 4036LA in 2016.
Working our way up the line.
My questions for you are, your references to the MH frames disparities. Freight Liner versus the K3 chassis?
What goes wrong with a chassis that warrants concerns?
Are there catastrophic failures I need to be aware of? Signs of pending issues? Noise complaints? Please list the issues you have with the FL frames your familiar with. What is the 2 yr warrantee covering that you mention your sold on?
Just wanting to be an informed future purchaser as you apparently made yourself.
PS
I enjoyed reading your analysis and thorough posts. Thanks for that alone.
Nadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:50 PM   #118

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE_ View Post
Michelin XZA2's. Not a problem on those at all.
75 mph rating on them, so it could be a problem.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 11:03 AM   #119

pole barn

I just read the whole thread. Slightly off topic but you commented on 14' vs 16' doors. Go 16'. I had my MH in two different warehouses. 1 with 14' doors. Worked just fine. Then moved to one with 16'. WAY easier to be slightly off angle. Yes I was being lazy. But not having to be remotely concerned about angles as I backed in was a nice relief. Given you are building new the extra $$ for the 16' is well worth it IMHO. I've never seen anyone wish for a smaller door
Driveby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 10:09 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driveby View Post
I just read the whole thread. Slightly off topic but you commented on 14' vs 16' doors. Go 16'. I had my MH in two different warehouses. 1 with 14' doors. Worked just fine. Then moved to one with 16'. WAY easier to be slightly off angle. Yes I was being lazy. But not having to be remotely concerned about angles as I backed in was a nice relief. Given you are building new the extra $$ for the 16' is well worth it IMHO. I've never seen anyone wish for a smaller door
Howdy

I was actually talking about the door height (of either going 14 or 16).

Was planning on a sealed cement floor, then taping/painting safety yellow guide (wheel boundary) lines the whole length of the building. This along with the camera (backup) system in place along with a lead-in driveway of 60' should keep me going inwards pretty straight.

But... 14' wide doors is certainly not a bad idea.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:19 PM   #121

LATE EDIT (would not let me edit post anymore):

I meant 16' wide doors

Tags
entegra, newmar