Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2019, 03:57 PM   #1

Stinky Shower!

Doesn't seen to matter what I do, my shower just smells bad even days after use. Have snaked it and rinsed it to no avail. Its probably the build up of soap over the 8 years which slimes up the drain pipe which runs into the grey tank. Interesting that neither the bath nor kitchen sink seem to offend. Its just the walk in shower. Any ideas??
Wbonsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2019, 04:05 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've had good success pouring a couple of gallons of boiling hot water down the drains to help open them and clean them out.

The first gallon loosens, and the second or third washes it into the tank. Be sure to dump the grey tank afterwards.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbonsell View Post
Doesn't seen to matter what I do, my shower just smells bad even days after use. Have snaked it and rinsed it to no avail. Its probably the build up of soap over the 8 years which slimes up the drain pipe which runs into the grey tank. Interesting that neither the bath nor kitchen sink seem to offend. Its just the walk in shower. Any ideas??
I’m not sure this is your issue but on my last RV the shower used a HEPVO in place of a P trap. Mine did not drain properly and got clogged with hair and did not seal. Could not get rid of the odors until I replaced it and installed it properly. HEPVO’s need to be somewhat vertical and the folks at at Fleetwood installed mine almost horizontally. Worth a look.
Ken
KenJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:32 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Try a couple of tablespoons of baking soda down the drain. Then wash down with vinegar until foaming stops. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. It won't hurt to flush with hot water between each treatment.

Good Luck.
Volunteers USFWS. 9,300 hrs each, 29 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 04:52 PM   #5

Try a small bottle of calgon with a few ounces of dawn down the drain.
Add about 5 gals of warm water. The calgon makes everything slippery and the dawn helps break down grease. Take it for a drive on some curvy roads and slosh it around a bit, then drain it or you could leave it overnight and then drain.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower