Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2020, 06:49 PM   #1

Storage Bay Floor replacement

We have a 2003 Class 'A' Gulf Stream. A few of the floors in the storage bay floors are in bad shape and need replacing. Problem is I haven't found anywhere that shows how to replace the floor. It doesn't appear to be complicated, but I'm not sure. Any one have the pleasure of replacing their storage bay floors?
BUB1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2020, 07:20 PM   #2

First, why are the floors in bad shape? If water - have you found the intrusion area and resolved it?

I don't think it's a huge deal to replace the floors. First analyze. Second, dismount anything in the way. Third remove the old hopefully intact. Fourth, use the old as template and cut the new boards to size. I would use Pressure Treat Plywood. I assume there is a treatment cloth to make the bottoms water tight.

Have you looked at how your floors are put into place?
Old 09-30-2020, 07:18 AM   #3

Hey Dav L,
I believe at one time or another, before I bought the RV, the fresh water tank leaked. The other thing I see is most likely the other areas the bay doors weren't adjusted correctly. The floors are really weak around the edges is why I suspect that. It looks fairly straight forward lie the flooring is in sections so to speak. Pull off the carpet type stuff, pull out the floor, and then reinstall. The bottom of the RV has metal that is under coated as a belly pan. Nothing leaking from there as far as I can tell. I'm going to redo the wet bay and the frsh water area at the same time. I want to remove the plastic wall in the wet bay, lots of storage area behind it being wasted. Thanks for the response.
BUB1988 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, floor, replace, replacement, storage