Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #1

Storing MH with no Stab. jacks

My MH has to be blocked to level. No jacks here. I read that most try to take a lot of weight of the tires with the jacks. No way I can do it. Also where I am going to store it is in a gravel drive way which is about 5 or 6 degrees. Coach would be high on the front end. Will this hurt anything? I plan to put the tires on blocks, with plastic under the blocks. Anything else I can do?
Xpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You may want to tell how long the period of storage will be. I'm not sure "most" use their jacks in storage but many (some) do. I have never used mine that way and my ten year old tires did not show any ill effects when I replaced them earlier this year. As long as you have the proper tire mounted for weight etc; then MO is you are fine. I covered my tires which seems to be a good idea.

5% incline---not too much I believe. Just block the rig so it cannot roll, of course. If you are worried that the incline may leave an engine bearing or seal exposed then just reverse the coach periodically if possible. Perhaps the incline could be lessoned by driving the rear wheels up onto leveling blocks (is that what you mean?) They are used by people who do not have levelers when they are camping so you may need some anyway. Some two by tens can be used to make these blocks, make sure you have them under both duals at each end of the axel. If the tires are on blocks you probably do not need plastic unless that is used to preserve wood blocks.

Other things to think about are your batteries (can you keep them charged), your water system (is it winterized) and your grey and black tanks (are they flushed and drained)?
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks