Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2021, 09:55 PM   #1

Straight up. Newmar London Aire or 2022 American Eagle.

Really struggling here. Enjoying my slow down lifestyle and looking forward to the open road and camping. I love my 2005 country coach but the technology, passive tags and comfort steer and equivalent in American has caught my attention

American appears to have come a long way in the luxury line up and I can get one.

Looking for your feedback. Of course floor plan and colors are key but more importantly Iím looking beyond skin deep at this point.

Anyone care to comment ?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2021, 07:45 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmyz View Post
Really struggling here. Enjoying my slow down lifestyle and looking forward to the open road and camping. I love my 2005 country coach but the technology, passive tags and comfort steer and equivalent in American has caught my attention

American appears to have come a long way in the luxury line up and I can get one.

Looking for your feedback. Of course floor plan and colors are key but more importantly Iím looking beyond skin deep at this point.

Anyone care to comment ?
Knowing nothing about your choices, my comment would be you canít go wrong with either. Important factors for me would be someone taken care of me after the purchase. I would talk to the service manager if youíre buying from a dealership or if youíre buying otherwise, I would make sure someone is willing to help you with problems.

I believe that this type of coach will be very nice, but when you look deeper into them, most will include shabby workmanship somewhere.

Someone will give you their hands on opinion. Buy and enjoy.
Country Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 11:35 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
Knowing nothing about your choices, my comment would be you canít go wrong with either. Important factors for me would be someone taken care of me after the purchase. I would talk to the service manager if youíre buying from a dealership or if youíre buying otherwise, I would make sure someone is willing to help you with problems.

I believe that this type of coach will be very nice, but when you look deeper into them, most will include shabby workmanship somewhere.

Someone will give you their hands on opinion. Buy and enjoy.

Thanks Country Road

I live in Vegas so NIRVC is my choice to purchase. They represent American, Newmar and Entegra.
Old 09-28-2021, 02:18 PM   #4

My vote is a biased one, we just took delivery two weeks ago on a 2022 LA 4551, purchased from NIRVC Lewisville. After some minor adjustments and tweaks which NIRVC immediately addressed, the coach is exceeding expectations in ride, drivability, luxury, storage and technology systems.
Coming out of a 2019 DS which I couldnít imagine improving, the London Aire gets high marks and thrilled we made the switch.
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 04:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite17 View Post
My vote is a biased one, we just took delivery two weeks ago on a 2022 LA 4551, purchased from NIRVC Lewisville. After some minor adjustments and tweaks which NIRVC immediately addressed, the coach is exceeding expectations in ride, drivability, luxury, storage and technology systems.
Coming out of a 2019 DS which I couldnít imagine improving, the London Aire gets high marks and thrilled we made the switch.

Thanks Granite. Congrats. The Sales team here assures me AC has stepped up their game. My concerns are 315 front tires and insulation. Not sure where to get validation which is why I came to the class A thread. Really hoping some other purchasers show up and share. I think newmar is a known commodity which puts the eagle at a disadvantage but the price point is very aggressive.
Old 09-28-2021, 07:54 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Both are fine coaches. We love our Eagle, but get the one with the floor plan your wife likes.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 08:36 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Keep your country coach and do some updates! Sometimes the animal you know is better than the one you don't...your C.C was built at the height of RV industry quality and workmanship, and it has a pre Def/non emmissions engine...your coach is an exceedingly rare diamond!! I can't comment on either brand you are looking at from any first hand experience, but I do know the quality of the new higher end coaches isn't what it used to be. All of the electronic systems in them now are complex, and convenient....when they are working correctly.
Old 09-29-2021, 12:30 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Keep your current coach. Do some upgrades. New coaches are way up in pricing and quality may not be up to your standards. We looked at a 18 American Eagle, it was all bling, small cabinets, and hard/expensive to service.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:16 AM   #9

While it's not really a valid comparison, We had a 1999 Pace Arrow ( Fleetwood,REV group) and a 2013 Dutchstar (Newmar) .
We had the Pace Arrow for 13 years and it never once traveled back to the dealer. The only problem we had during that time was a gear failure in one of the slideout gearcases. On the DutchStar, it was back back so many times, I've lost count. We've had numerous slideout failures, multiple motor/gear box replacements. Both coaches had very good woodwork, I'd say the pace Arrow was just slightly better as far as finish and fitment. The Newmar had several issues with front and rear cap cracks. The Pace Arrow was assembled much better in regards to wiring,plumbing,etc, The Dutchstar seemed to be thrown together with sloppy wiring and plumbing.
Now, both of those are older coaches and both manufactures have undergone ownership changes and technology has changed significantly since then. So, the real answer is to dig into both of them and see which one impresses you the most. Good luck .
Old 09-30-2021, 01:52 PM   #10

2019 Newmar London Aire vs 2022 American eagle

Sorry for typos if any. Using mobile
Old 09-30-2021, 06:06 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Hopefully AC has a different front end for 2022, the 21 looked like it was from the Transformer movie....... just not to my liking .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eagle.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	344761  
Old 09-30-2021, 09:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Hopefully AC has a different front end for 2022, the 21 looked like it was from the Transformer movie....... just not to my liking .

The front axle on the Am might be over weight without much of load if 17 K axle and 315 tire. Spartan has the high end chassis covered
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 09:14 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - You might want to have a chat with some AC (REV) owners about quality.

Tom
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 10:54 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4648.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	344795

Tags
air, newmar