Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2019, 06:10 PM   #15

I had a patch like that since new. Has never changed.

DIY Rear Panhard Rod
exrench is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2019, 09:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljwt330 View Post
I had the same thought if the bumps were, indeed hard. Still, I thought all interior was luan ply. Maybe there are some areas where heavier backing is needed and sappy wood was used. Anything is possible, I suppose.

Time for the OP to get out the razor blade and solve this mystery once and for all!
Ot just ignore it.
'20 RAM 3500, '20 Heartland Road Warrior 430 https://thecastle.blog/ Also: Eagle Cap 950 Before:'17 Berkshire 38A class A https://dragonship.blog/ '11 Heartland Cyclone TH, '11 Lance TC, '05 Keystone TT, '76 Coachmen class A and a '16 DIY Transit conversion........
oscarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:56 AM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljwt330 View Post
My guess is oscarvan meant that the beads were there from day 1. It seems to be in such an inconspicuous area that the new owner probably never noticed it until recently.

The only thing I question is the OP's comment that the bubbles were "hard." Foam certainly is not hard, but we don't know how much pressure he put on them to test. A full pressure push with the handle of a screw driver, for example, with no resulting compression of the bubble, would lead me to think they are not foam remnants.
Most of the modern motorhome walls are what used to be called the "western" wall. A piece of plywood "luan" is layed down, glue is applied. a metal frame is layed in. Next a block of foam is layed in between the frame members. more glue, another piece of luan, and finally wall paper is applied. This is compressed at tons of pressure (which is why your bubbles feel hard) and you have a "western" wall. If some of the foam trash is floating around and sticks to the wall paper, before being applied, you have the tiny bubbles of foam. Take a razor and cut a small u shaped flap in the wall paper. carefully lift it up. You will find small BB's of white foam. Do this where the bubbles are the biggest and clean off the foam. The wall paper will have strecthed slightly "from the foam" and you can glue it back down and it will not show. This will ease your mind and quiet the naysayers.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:46 AM   #18

If these are recent, then my guess is something is seeping/weeping out of the wall. I have seen similar happen when water gets in the wall and dissolves glue and it migrates, then re-hardens.
roady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:03 AM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
Interesting.

Are you saying it was like that from day 1, or are you saying that over time the foam particles expand, overcome the strength of the glue, and push the wall paper out?
I am saying that this happened when the wall was built. The beads were stuck to the wall paper before it was applied to the luan. This is very common. That is why I am so sure of what happened.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:12 AM   #20

RV herpes?