RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2017, 11:08 AM   #1

Strange HWH jack issue.

I've got a 2001 36" Damon Intruder with the HWH AP-13387 210 series jacks. All four jacks lower and lift fine but when the drivers side is low the two on that side won't activate. I can raise the front, rear, or passenger side. I'm thinking the problem is contacts on the joystick controller . Anyone seen a procedure on youtube etc to remove and clean these contacts?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2017, 06:14 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Contact AZPETE on the Irv2 forum. He works, or worked, for HWH and can answer your questions. His email is pfmaddox@att.net and his phone number is 602-549-3638. He is a Commercial Member and has posted that his phone is always on, and if not answered, leave a message.
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:47 AM   #3
Commercial Member

dismantle the top of the joystick. look down inside to see a small ring around the bell shaped joystick. use a pencil eraser to clean the ring. thats the contact that activated the jacks. also look at the springs on the back of the top cover of the joystick. make sure they are straight . clean those contacts with the pencil.
paul maddox
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:51 AM   #4

What an awesome forum!!!!
Old 07-01-2017, 07:40 AM   #5

Thanks for all your help! I found this last night. https://youtu.be/RcpoXjc-6A0. Video of how to fix this issue on my exact model, HWH AP-13387 210 series jack. So simple even I can do it. Hopefully this is the last time I'll be typing on a slant! : ).
Old 07-02-2017, 09:36 AM   #6
Commercial Member

thats what is great about this forum. there is always a video or at least a good description on how to do the repair.
thanks to all who take the time to help others.
it makes my job so much easier.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh