Strange Inconsistant Engine Starting Problem
I have a 2008 Fleetwood Bounder with Ford Chassis (F53?) and Triton v10 engine which is having odd and inconsistent starting.
Here's what has happened.
1. Battery dead, obviously doesn't start.
2. Charge battery and start in various ways.
3. Battery wont hold charge so buy a new battery (tech /sales claims hot and expanded battery is sign of internal battery short). Vehicle starts OK. so I begin my trip.
4. Stop for lunch. Vehicle wont start. No click, no sounds, no nothing.
5. Hook up charger and start vehicle.
6. Back at RV park I fool around with my volt meter attachment, disconnect my solar trickle and try it. Vehicle starts.
7. reattach meter and trickle, Vehicle starts.
Since I don't want to start off again and get stranded I need to find out what is going on. Local garages won't touch this vehicle/ignition/elect. problem. Any Suggestions??