Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2017, 07:57 AM   #15

Finally was able to take some photos. The first photo shows the beam. You can see towards the middle where the fiberglass roof sheet is warped where it pulled away. The second photo is difficult to identify, but it is looking forward at the top of the cap. To the right, you can see the aluminum bracket. Below that is a flat piece of wood that is painted black and goes horizontal. To the left of the photo, you see the black brackets. These are also attached to the wood that is painted black. That wood is twisted downward because the cap twisted outward.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Beam support.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	242.8 KB
ID:	186302   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wood Support twist.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	186304  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2017, 09:34 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
gatorcq, we need to keep in mind that every coach out there that have the windshield problems were originally DESIGNED BY ENGINEERS! I my time I have permanently repaired "seat of the pants" many items that were designed by engineers!

However I do agree with the folks that say contact Tiffin and look in the possibility of a factory repair.
X2 To take it a step further, every problem with a coach, was originally designed by an Engineer. They come under the same 90/10 rule as every other profession.

Q
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:00 PM   #17

We camp with a Tiffin group here in Florida and we are SOB's (Some Other Brand).
We have been in discussions with Bob Tiffin in attendance and I would be surprised if this is a Tiffin issue that Bob would not take care of some, if not all of the repairs. I wouldtry Tiffin to see what they say.
BUB1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:25 PM   #18

Tiffin is a unique company and Bob Tiffin is the best. There are many stories of how he stepped up to cover something that was long out of warranty. WHen my '03 Phaeton was two years old, I was carrying a 1000# motorcycle on the back which overloaded the tires. In 2004 they put the next bigger size on the same model as standard equipment. I called Bob and explained my problem and instead of telling me to take the motorcycle off the back, he told me to go to the dealer of my choice to get the tires I wanted and he paid half of the bill. THen two years ago, my wife did not like the obstruction of the two piece window next to her seat that she never opened. Bob then sent a one piece window to our dealer at no cost to me. Those two generous responses and the fact that we haven't had any problems in three years, he now has me as a lifetime Tiffin fan.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:33 PM   #19

You would be smart to call Bob and see if he will resolve the problem. This could end up being very expensive to actually get it fixed correctly. I have been down this path and Bob resolved it.
rcflyer1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 02:13 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
Tiffin is a unique company and Bob Tiffin is the best. There are many stories of how he stepped up to cover something that was long out of warranty. WHen my '03 Phaeton was two years old, I was carrying a 1000# motorcycle on the back which overloaded the tires. In 2004 they put the next bigger size on the same model as standard equipment. I called Bob and explained my problem and instead of telling me to take the motorcycle off the back, he told me to go to the dealer of my choice to get the tires I wanted and he paid half of the bill. THen two years ago, my wife did not like the obstruction of the two piece window next to her seat that she never opened. Bob then sent a one piece window to our dealer at no cost to me. Those two generous responses and the fact that we haven't had any problems in three years, he now has me as a lifetime Tiffin fan.
X2+ Late eighties we had an Allegre and were traveling with friends with a much older allegro. We both went to Red Bay and they repaired his A/C and some other issues at no charge.

Q
Old 12-22-2017, 05:32 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
Had a 95 Pace Arrow that had the front cap seam separate across the roof and had to replace the windshields because they popped out at the top corners. Good think I lived in Florida at the time so it cost me nothing.

Maybe not common only to Tiffin products.

Q

Hey Quincy

What does living in FL have to do with getting free RV repairs?

If that’s true, I may have to move to FL.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 06:33 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaton View Post
Hey Quincy

What does living in FL have to do with getting free RV repairs?

If that’s true, I may have to move to FL.
In Florida, windshield replacement is a $0 cost item required on all insurance policies. I've had the windshield replaced in our prior MH, and this year, my truck windshield.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 08:29 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
Oh, that makes sense. Thanks.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 03:26 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaton View Post
Oh, that makes sense. Thanks.
Then you add no State tax. Really inexpensive to register MH compared to other States. No "Chattel tax" for the privilege of owning a vehicle.

Fl. is one of the most people friendly states. Except for the Turnpike that was only supposed to be a toll road until it was paid for, built in the sixties. he he he wink wink They just raised the toll.

Q
Old 12-23-2017, 08:07 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
In Florida, windshield replacement is a $0 cost item required on all insurance policies. I've had the windshield replaced in our prior MH, and this year, my truck windshield.

Florida, Kentucky, and I believe South Carolina are three "Zero Deductible Glass" states. That doesn't stop the insurance companies from asking you if you want full coverage on your glass, and if you agree, then can charge an extra fee for a coverage that you are already entitled to by law at no additional cost!

We've had both WS replaced on our coach, and several replaced on cars with no deductible. The CAN however charge you for the gasket if your old gasket is damaged in some way.

Passenger WS on coach has another rock chip from last trip. It's high up, so I won't be replacing the WS unless it cracks. But if I do, it'll be at no cost to me!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 08:35 AM   #26

Dang, so I got to break my windshield and move to a different state to get it fixed?
Old 12-24-2017, 04:58 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveinet View Post
Dang, so I got to break my windshield and move to a different state to get it fixed?
Or, to be legal, you should move to another state then break your windshield.

Q
Old 12-24-2017, 08:13 AM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
Hard to tell what is going on here. What model, what year coach? Concur with recommendations to contact Tiffin with all your info. Bob Tiffin has been more than fair with us on product support issues.
Larrikin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin