Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2020, 02:54 PM   #1

Suburban SF- 30 furnace

This morning, I got up, and fired up the front furnace on my 2006 Tiffin. We had set it super low (60°), and it was about 62 in the coach. Ran it up to 69°, and the unit started up. Several minutes later, I heard it shut down. It still seemed pretty chilly in the unit, so I went to turn it up a couple more degrees, and I saw the temp at 65, while the setting was still at 69. Turned the of, back on and set it to 69 again. The fan started, ran about 20 seconds, then shut down. I checked the limit and sail switch, both seem good.

Since it just shut down while it was running I don't think it's the ignitor, but I can't hear the little click click when i try to restart it.

So, where to next? I don't hear the ignitor, and since it dropped out while it was already running originally, should I just assume the board is bad, and order another? if the board failed, could that keep the ignitor of as well as just shut it down?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2020, 06:17 PM   #2

Here is a place to start ( link below ). And any RV parts place worth it's salt will be able to test a furnace circuit board if you walk in the door with it, in hand.

http://www.beamalarm.com/Documents/t..._problems.html

Tags
ace, furnace, suburban