Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2023, 07:05 AM   #71

Nothing worse that a leaking tire. I couldn't stand it and always get them fixed. When I check my tires they had better be full or it is getting fixed.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2023, 07:54 AM   #72

cadillac al

I agree with you about the leak. However there are other reasons for tires to lose some air, or even increase. Mainly temp or lack of use. I just feel like everyone should carry some sort of compressor capable of getting to their needed pressure and a good guage. Also they should be willing to get on their hands and knees and check their tires. If they can.t maybe their wife can.
JMHO MOMCAT
Old 01-22-2023, 08:21 AM   #73

I don't think my tires leak in any appreciable way, usually a pressure check reveals nothing to do. Normally it's adding or removing air based on weather/season as the cold inflation psi will change based on ambient. A good TPMS does help here as I don't even need to walk around and check, sometimes I do double check though, old habits die hard and the M18 Inflator is a great tire gauge as well.

I have been using inflator more than usual with my new RV trying to find a good psi to settle on based on Michelin charts and handling, otherwise it would be pretty rare to use to actually inflate a tire.

This is why it's important that it's compact and lightweight so it doesn't get in the way. It more compact and easier to use than even a long air hose for chassis air which I just recently removed from the RV since it never need it. The inflator gets more use with my bikes and Jeep since they need air regularly, bikes leak down and Jeep is deflated for off-road use.
Old 01-22-2023, 02:10 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharrell View Post
I just tested one of my 255/70 steers from 110psi to 120psi with the M18 inflator with fully charged 8.0ah battery, took 2 minutes 20 seconds battery still had 4 bars after. The last 20 seconds was it stopping checking and topping off twice.

I only run 95-100 psi as 120 psi is max for my tires and way to much for the weight on them based on Michelin charts, makes them ride horrible and wander, but the M18 can easily do it.

Tank compressor will be faster due to higher CFM, but since the M18 is automated and you don't have to baby sit it doesn't really make much difference, its no slouch though.
You just opened a whole new discussion regarding tire PSI. My TOYO tires (I not at my RV and don't have the size with me) call for 125 max psi. Is that what I should inflate them to or should I put less in them. Is there such a chart for TOYO tires? I will be starting a new discussion thread for this topic.
dperkinstx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 02:22 PM   #75

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceclimber View Post
I carry a compressor like this. Messed around with various devices and got tired of them. Sure, it's a little bigger but I'll take the judgement. Has paid for itself many times over. I don't get the viair ones they cost 3x a real compressor that has many uses besides inflating tires.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-6...50HB/303379052
This is what I carry in my 5th wheel. If I get caught in a cold snap I can blow out my water lines rather than add antifreeze while traveling.
largo1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 02:27 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by dperkinstx View Post
You just opened a whole new discussion regarding tire PSI. My TOYO tires (I not at my RV and don't have the size with me) call for 125 max psi. Is that what I should inflate them to or should I put less in them. Is there such a chart for TOYO tires? I will be starting a new discussion thread for this topic.
Toyo should have an inflation chart, get your MH weighed and use axle weight sand manufacturer chart for inflation psi, will ride much better.
Old 01-23-2023, 12:41 PM   #77

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
1 gallon version

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwb2020 View Post
I use this Fortress from Harbor Freight, super quiet and gets my tires up to 100psi fairly easily. Have used the pancakes in the past, they are very loud.
https://www.harborfreight.com/air-to...sor-64596.html

I have had the 1 gallon version for 3 years and it has worked great. I previously used the Ryobi portable unit, but it takes too long and is really loud so I carry it in the Jeep now.
Dusty Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 08:56 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by dperkinstx View Post
First of all, where do you go if you want to have your tire pressures checked? I know Discount Tire is out because they have max 95 PSI.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good portable air compressor? Ideally I'd like to find one that I could dial in the PSI I want, hook it up to a tire, and turn it on. It would shut off when the PSI reaches what I entered. If nothing like that exists, someone could make big bucks if they invented one.
I use a Flatematic and on board air. Ran a quick connect close to all tires. You could use a Flatematic with any air compressor.
big willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 03:53 PM   #79

https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/33287178780

I just took delivery of this, obviously a close copy of the Dewalt posted earlier and to my pleasant surprise it put in 5 pounds in a reasonable time. So,

Maybe now I can get by without hauling a big compressor, I dunno. I am sure the moment I don't have it I will need it.
Iceclimber is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, compressor