RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2018, 08:56 PM   #15

I agree John and questioned tgem about that. They said the side to side is the same as the ones i had. These rebels are suppose to have a softer feel on bumpy roads so i picked them.

The ones i have now definately gave a harsher ride. It wasnt bad but harsher then stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi6998 View Post
Congrats Jerry... Sounds like things are going to work out.

On a side note, I thought one of the benefits of the sumo springs was to push or pull when needed. The two piece design seems to defeat the purpose.
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2018, 05:37 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
I agree John and questioned tgem about that. They said the side to side is the same as the ones i had. These rebels are suppose to have a softer feel on bumpy roads so i picked them.

The ones i have now definately gave a harsher ride. It wasnt bad but harsher then stock
Basically what I said in post # 4
>Regarding the new style SS you have I would think they offer less anti roll >properties. Due to the separating nature of the replacement SS. <

Glad it worked out for you.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:47 AM   #17

If you are thinking of using SS as shocks, or travel limiters, that is not what they are designed for, or as. They increase your spring rates, that is all. They do not take the place of shocks, or pan hard bars (track bars). If you do not have them, you need them. They do a great job at what they are designed for. Usually a set and forget mod.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:09 AM   #18

Got the new sumo rebels today. That was fast shipping.

Didnt pull out the tape measure but from eyeing them they appear to be a little shorter and little wider.

Will install them tomorrow morning. If all goes right it should only take 30 minutes or so.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 07-11-2018, 05:03 PM   #19

Did the install this morning. Was a quick 30 minute job. Raised and lowered the jacks several times to make sure both halves lined up together properly. They do. ☺☺

Pic is with the front end raise to level in my driveway. Sumos are seperated.

Last pic us part of the dynamat ibstaleed

While under there i applied dynamat heat liner to the underneath of the floor driverside. Installed it on the pass side a few weeks ago and it made a big difference, so my barefoot wife said, do i added it to my side also

Sumos raised the front end up 1/2" i know several people have asked that question in the past. I never measured the raise on the original set

JerryClick image for larger version

Name:	20180711_094422.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	210567Click image for larger version

Name:	20180711_094414.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	210568Click image for larger version

Name:	20180711_100257.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	210569
FMCA # F464385
Old 07-12-2018, 10:00 AM   #20

Great, SS honored their life-time warrantee. Now, does it ride different?
Old 07-16-2018, 07:05 AM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Dynamat questions:

While under there i applied dynamat heat liner to the underneath of the floor driverside. Installed it on the pass side a few weeks ago and it made a big difference, so my barefoot wife said, do i added it to my side also.

Two questions:
Any issue with it adhering, given surface you are attaching to?
Did it help any with the noise level?

Many thanks
JD11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:24 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD11 View Post

While under there i applied dynamat heat liner to the underneath of the floor driverside. Installed it on the pass side a few weeks ago and it made a big difference, so my barefoot wife said, do i added it to my side also.

Two questions:
Any issue with it adhering, given surface you are attaching to?
Did it help any with the noise level?

Many thanks

I installed one layer of Dynamat Extreeme and one layer of Dynamat hood liner to the same area shown in Halfprice's photo and the doghouse. Cleaned surface a little bit with a rag and mineral spirits. Did not scrub, just wiped it down. Has been in place for about 18 moths and 10k miles. No problems so far, still sticking. I also taped seems with aluminum duct tape.

Noise and heat greatly reduced, one of the best mods I have done so far.

My post about it, photos have been deleted, too old I guess:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/ace-...ml#post3158820

I think Halfprice will give you similar results.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:54 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Did the install this morning. Was a quick 30 minute job. Raised and lowered the jacks several times to make sure both halves lined up together properly. They do. ☺☺

Pic is with the front end raise to level in my driveway. Sumos are seperated.

While under there i applied dynamat heat liner to the underneath of the floor driverside. Installed it on the pass side a few weeks ago and it made a big difference, so my barefoot wife said, do i added it to my side also

Sumos raised the front end up 1/2" i know several people have asked that question in the past. I never measured the raise on the original set

JerryAttachment 210567Attachment 210568Attachment 210569
Nice job Jerry!

Firestone Airbags, Hellwig front/rear Anti-Sway Bars,
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:03 PM   #24

I used the dynamat hoodliner. Lightly cleaned or I should say I wiped the area with a rag then stuck it on. It sticks fine and I dont expect it to come off.

The wife really noticed the heat on the floor was very much reduced. Now that both sides are done it will be interesting to see if the noise is reduced. I had already insulated the dog house

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 07-17-2018, 06:47 AM   #25

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks all.

The dog will like the heat reduction, my wife and me look forward to cutting the noise a bit.

Some of the areas Iím considering- mostly for noise reduction - look like a piece of hard plastic. Example at the top of the front wheel well.

If anyone has a perspective on whether dynamat on that surface is a good idea or will work, let me know.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:47 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD11 View Post
Thanks all.

The dog will like the heat reduction, my wife and me look forward to cutting the noise a bit.

Some of the areas Iím considering- mostly for noise reduction - look like a piece of hard plastic. Example at the top of the front wheel well.

If anyone has a perspective on whether dynamat on that surface is a good idea or will work, let me know.

Here is my post about insulating the engine compartment:

The links to the pictures do not work any longer. Let me know if you want me to post a Youtube video of the installed insulation.

I did every thing front to back from the engine wall in front to where the floor steps down at rear. Side to side from exterior wall to exterior wall.

Big improvement in noise reduction and heat reduction. Just finished insulating the stair well this week. Youtube of the stair well:

No problems with anything coming off yet.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:12 AM   #27

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplewide View Post
Here is my post about insulating the engine compartment:

The links to the pictures do not work any longer. Let me know if you want me to post a Youtube video of the installed insulation.

I did every thing front to back from the engine wall in front to where the floor steps down at rear. Side to side from exterior wall to exterior wall.

Big improvement in noise reduction and heat reduction. Just finished insulating the stair well this week. Youtube of the stair well:

No problems with anything coming off yet.
Very helpful - thank you!