Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2020, 03:25 PM   #1

Sumo Springs

I just came back from our second camping trip with my new rig a Winnebago Sunstar 32 and it looks like the coach is squatting so my question is do I add Sumo Springs or an additional leaf spring.
My previously Minnie Winnie needed a leaf on one side to correct a lean while normally loaded so I'm familiar with the factory building a coach and not paying attention to this detail
I did some research on the Sumo add on and a Roadmaster anti sway system and both looks like a winner.......any one got input

RAD
RADRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2020, 06:54 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I don’t think sump springs would do anything to address your current concern.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 07:06 PM   #3

The Sumos should help hold the rear up some, but it depends on the amount of weight the Sumos can take up.

If the space they will sit in is 8 inchs and the Sumo is 11 or 12 inches, they will help.

I had them in the front of my E450 chassis and the lifted it slightly. I took them out because the firmed up the front suspension to much. Now I get a normal rebound instead of a sharp one.

In your case, with weakening springs, they may help.

As far as a anti sway bar system, it will do nothing for ride height. It only worked to stop side to side swaying.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:14 AM   #4

I asked Etrailer if Sumos would help raise my coach’s rear a couple of inches to prevent my hitch dragging when I back into my driveway. They told me the Sumo representative said they are not designed to alter the height but may help restore height if the coach’s suspension is sagging.
rffowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 08:39 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I have SUMO Springs, KONI Shocks and added front & rear HELWIG sway bars. I did my research first. 2015 Winnebago Vista 30T.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RADRV View Post
I just came back from our second camping trip with my new rig a Winnebago Sunstar 32 and it looks like the coach is squatting so my question is do I add Sumo Springs or an additional leaf spring.
My previously Minnie Winnie needed a leaf on one side to correct a lean while normally loaded so I'm familiar with the factory building a coach and not paying attention to this detail
I did some research on the Sumo add on and a Roadmaster anti sway system and both looks like a winner.......any one got input

RAD