RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2018, 05:42 PM   #1

Sun Visors for Class A Large front Window

Does anyone know of any large bus type sun visors for the front window??? The ones I have on this Bounder are a joke, they're too small and not moveable. The sun is always in a different position than the visors. Click image for larger version

Name:	Shades.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	206495
David Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2018, 05:45 PM   #2

https://www.google.com/search?q=magn...y=9&gws_rd=ssl
Old 06-09-2018, 05:48 PM   #3

Sun Visors

The ones I had on my old Komfort 31 were a "bus" type visor... they were mounted on a U type frame... they pulled down, and the visor folded down from the bracket. You could move the whole thing forward or back, and could always get it into position where you needed it. It was also wide enough to block the sun from any angle.

Any help is appreciated... the ones I have are all but useless.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
I'm not looking for the ones to install when parked, but thanks for the reply.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:57 PM   #5

BTW... I do have the privacy curtains that cover the side and front windows when parked.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:48 PM   #6

Measure the space between each side and add an extra 3 inch overlap on each side and order a power visor and install. Actually very easy to do. Install your new visor so it will come down in front of both visors that are there already. A switch at the dash for up and down op.. If the present ones are useless, order 3 visors, and use individual switches. Good Luck
spsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:29 AM   #7

Whoops, I meant to say, install the new middle visor (on hangers) between the front windshield and present visors. Tie into your 12 volt system (with a in line fuse for safety) and use a rocker switch, for up/down op. Whoops, didn't mean to say, very easy to do. All giged up, running up/down Woodward Ave. (Detroit) with a tanker and pup, and drivers paying more attention to their phone. EPA coming down hard on dust.
spsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:26 AM   #8

I forget the brand but on our old Dynasty we took out the visors and installed the sun mesh type, electric, roller shade across the complete windshield. Rocker switch to adjust where needed. Was sweet.
Woody57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:06 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Same Problem

We decided to go with the simple solution....

4 binder clips and a nice pillow case. We put down the regular sun visors (cheap and too small of course) and we clip a pillow case between them and let it hang down below.

Other than when the sun is on the left of the drivers visor, it works well and covers DW quite well.

We do the same when the sun is on the side while driving, clip a pillow case on the curtain rail and fold it to where I still have full view of the mirror.... takes a few seconds, and it works.

We keep the pillow cases and clips in the cabinet over the passenger seat.

FWIW.... $0.02
zekethomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:21 PM   #10

well I tell ya I will read your two posts then reply..here is a search page, sorry so long,, https://www.google.com/search?safe=a....0.993obucSo44 …..
Old 06-12-2018, 03:33 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
ROSEN RV AVIATION TYPE SUNVISOR RPRO-300-1 EXTENDING ROTATING

these are great sun visors used in planes and prevost bus i have a extra pair if interested look them up
sorry for large type i copyed and pasted it and don't known why it is large

Tags
class a, window