Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2017, 07:17 AM   #1

Surge Protector help

I purchased a new 44270 Surge Protector four weeks ago. My original mounted surge protector failed. This weekend Freedom Model 10 inverter/charge stopped blinking red light (overtemp/overload) My surge protector has red light saying L1&L2 reversed polarity. It is plugged to 50 amp box at home which has been added two years ago. Inverter sounds like it is clicking in and out...seems after couple of hrs it kicks out after rfeset...surge protector does same after I reset it...any idea where I start to troubleshoot?

add info..."clicking" sound on inverter corresponds to blinking light on surge protector after reset. It was solid red (L1&L2 neutral reversed)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2017, 07:26 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagn View Post
I purchased a new 44270 Surge Protector four weeks ago. My original mounted surge protector failed. This weekend Freedom Model 10 inverter/charge stopped blinking red light (overtemp/ etc.) My surge protector has red light saying L1&L2 reversed polarity. It is plugged to 50 amp box at home which has been added two years ago. Inverter sounds like it is clicking in and out...seems after couple of hrs it kicks out after rfeset...surge protector does same aftger I resedt it...any idea where I start to troubleshoot?
Check the connections on the new surge protector. They may be reversed or not tight if your 50 amp home box has worked for two years then the replacement surge protector is more then likely the problem. Always First look where the last maintenance was performed if a new problem occurs.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:31 AM   #3

Mike,
It plugs into pedestal one way and the line from Coach goes one way...how can I reverse connection? Thanks
Old 11-06-2017, 07:38 AM   #4

Further update...I did what you said and problem quit and then started again after twisting box etc. on post...You may be my best new friend! ha! Maybe that is why last protector failed...I will monitor and then redo recep on pedastal...thanks again