Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2016, 06:12 PM   #1

T&P

My pressure gauges on my 2000 mountainaire ouit working only get red red lights on them they went out a year apart where can I find replacements
homer7318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2016, 07:12 PM   #2

Not knowing what chassis you have, but I have a Spartan and purchased replacements from them. You might also make sure the ground is good.
racerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer7318 View Post
My pressure gauges on my 2000 mountainaire ouit working only get red red lights on them they went out a year apart where can I find replacements
would red light still comr on if I had a bad ground
Old 10-13-2016, 07:31 PM   #4

would I still get red light with bad ground
Old 10-13-2016, 07:47 PM   #5

Possibly, the gauges (needles) work off of variable voltage. The little red led probably requires about 3v to work. This variable voltage comes from 2 sending units under the floor. They can also be a victim of corrosion might just need to clean the connections well and check the grounds especially under the dash close to gauges. If that doesn't work, buy one of the pressure sending units and stick it in.

The previous owner of my unit ruined mine with some creative air line plumbing.

Safety: start the coach and let it air up. Should about 2-3 minutes. Then put some shot ring under the front axle. Them dump your air bags. Then and only then work on these air senders.

Before I started, the gauges were showing
150 psi+ and the red lights were on...
Old 10-13-2016, 07:48 PM   #6

That's shoring under the axle...block it up!
Old 10-14-2016, 06:51 AM   #7

After thinking on this I realized I made a mistake. You actually put the shoring under the frame rails, not the axle. I use a.pair of Jack stands rated for 5 tons each.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:56 PM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
IF you have a Freightliner chassis. In 2000 FTL used the Medallion System III gauges. Information for the gauges is supplied by the VDC (Vehicle Data Computer) Poor solder connections to the air pressure transducers in the VDC did cause gauge problems. I had a 2000 GeorgieBoy DP, indications at various times were speedometer or air pressure gauge going to zero. (Cruise control still worked/ no alarms or lights)
A service bulletin is available here on IRV2 to troubleshoot the gauges.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/attachmen...8&d=1399154181

The VDC solder repair is discussed here. http://www.irv2.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=76
Both articles are in the files section of IRV2 and can be downloaded.

Note: The VDC was put in various locations by the RV manufacturers, mine was in a rear compartment on the passenger side, along with the ECM, Transmission module and VIM. You can see the air lines coming into the VDC..

Hope this helps.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote