Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2016, 10:42 AM   #1

Tail Lights Out

My lady came home with our 1996 38 ft. Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38' diesel headlights flickering. We haven't had this coach long. I replaced the front turn signal sockets and the low beam lights will stay on now. On high beams all 4 lights come on but will slowly flash and dim. The headlights are quad 4x6. The tail light sockets are good but only the turn signals work. The rear marker lights are also out. The front and rear clearance lights work.
As I understand it, the side marker lights flash because the ground is interrupted when the turn signals are activated. I'm guessing there is a bad ground somewhere. I haven't found the fuse panel for the chassis yet but I doubt it's a fuse problem.
Anyone had similar problems and how was it solved?
Dave2943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2016, 11:23 AM   #2

I would suggest you start with the big ground from battery to chassis, but I doubt that that will fix the taillight problem. It is more likely near the back of the coach, although the taillights might have a separate fuse.
TomBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 05:21 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Long shot- but I had a dual filament taillight bulb short internally and turn signals and marker lights flashed. Brakes turned everything on. ( Did not effect headlights)
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:21 AM   #4

dead tail lights

The tail light bulbs are good and I assume the marker lights are wired together and not connected to the tail light circuit because the operable marker lights flash. The operable lights are bright and the Cummins 5.9 turns over well so the ground should be good.
I think the next step is to take a wire long enough to connect to a good ground and connect it to the taillight. I doubt that will help since the turn signals work.

As for the headlights flashing and dimming on bright it may be there is a circuit breaker in the headlight switch that is weak. There is one in my Ford pickup.

If someone out there has a wiring diagram I could sure use one.
Dave2943 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights