Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2023, 09:22 AM   #1

Techma toilet Electric Flush

I have a 2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 45 OPP,
Our rear bath has a Techma toilet. No matter which flush button we push, the water flushes normal, but then the water that should remain in bowl, drains out 7 out of 10 times. Techma tech's, tell me the black drain hose behind toilet has dropped to low, it has not, plus I propped it up and tied it to prevent dropping. Called them back and told them the hose was way up and water was still draining out of bowl, they said, "then you have a vent problem!" I don't see any venting between toilet and black tank, the only vent is from black tank going up thru roof and that seems fine. How can it be venting if bowl holds water sometimes, and if it is a venting issue, what have others done to correct this problem?
Len Haggerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2023, 07:15 PM   #2

It is most likely the 2 one way valves on the discharge side of the macerator pump. They may not be seating after flush. I had to take mine apart once due to something being flushed that should not have been flushed! Don't ask. See attached and it will help you understand how they work. Good luck.
Old 04-12-2023, 09:31 AM   #3

Thanks for your replay,
This issue has been very frustrating and wish Techma had mentioned that possible the
two "one-way valve" could be stuck. Now the challenge is taking a look into untraveled territory for first time. Are the "one-way valves fairly easy to remove from discharge hose by clamps or just inserted into hose's? Anything I should be aware of prior to starting this project? Estimated time it took you, 2-3 hours? Would it be easier to try and find new check valves and replace?
Once again thank you, and also thanks for the breakdown diagrams, very helpful in knowing what your looking for.
Len
Old 04-12-2023, 05:08 PM   #4

I did not have to get into the valves. My issue was with the foreign object caught in the impeller.
Another thought would be calcium buildup in the valves. We always fill with soft water at home and use a portable softener unit when we travel.
It wasn't bad getting it apart. The worst part was getting it outside. Didn't want to have the mess inside.
It took about 90 minutes total. Feel free to message me anytime. Good luck.
Old 04-12-2023, 05:26 PM   #5
Community Moderator

I had that issue a couple of times. I poured vinegar into the bowl and let it sit for overnight, then flushed. If it’s calcium from hard water causing the issue, the vinegar should help.

You can repeat this several times, if first time doesn’t help.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 07:33 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
IMHO, Vinegar may damage the seals in a Tecma. I wouldn't use it in that application.

Here's the Tecma RV Owners and Installation Manual
https://www.irv2.com/forums/download...do=file&id=403
Old 04-13-2023, 07:46 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypoxia View Post
IMHO, Vinegar may damage the seals in a Tecma. I wouldn't use it in that application.

Here's the Tecma RV Owners and Installation Manual

https://www.irv2.com/forums/download...do=file&id=403

I read through the document and only saw notes about not using bleach, abrasives, or strong acids….vinegar should be fine in this regard IMHO.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0233.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	390234
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 09:11 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Vinegar is essentially a dilute solution of acetic acid in water. Since I do not know the substances used in the Tecma seals, macerator and tubing construction I would be cautious on what chemicals to use. Vinegar is a great product for cleaning many things but will damage other products.

I have had Tecma toilets and have repaired a couple of them. They are generally easy to remove and disassemble. The macerator is easily taken apart for cleaning. I found car keys in one macerator.
Old 04-17-2023, 03:34 PM   #9

Len,
Just curious if you were able to get your Temca problem solved? Hoping no news is good news.
Lee
Old 04-18-2023, 08:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawspusher View Post
Len,
Just curious if you were able to get your Temca problem solved? Hoping no news is good news.
Lee
Good morning Papawspusher,
Sorry to inform you the Vinagar over the past week has not solved the problem. Was going to give Techma another call for any help they may have. In the past, they say it's a venting problem, in which matter, a block or staying open? I need to find my actual model number first before calling them.

Tags
toilet, electric, flush