Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2015, 04:32 PM   #1

Tempurpedic

Hi all, I am planning to purchase a Tempurpedic mattress top for our sleep number bed. Any experience. Please share.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2015, 06:23 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
For our sleep number bed I bought an IsoCool mattress cover with a 3 inch foam topper. Best thing I ever slept on. Got it on Amazon for around $300 if I remember correctly. We loved it so much in the mh that we bought one for our sleep number in the house. We have had it almost a year and it has held up great.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nxkharra View Post
Hi all, I am planning to purchase a Tempurpedic mattress top for our sleep number bed. Any experience. Please share.
We bought the queen size Tempuredic topper about a year ago and like it so much that we're considering one for the house. It was the only brand that was a true 60" X 80" to fit the mattress. Buy it at Bed Bath & Beyond with the 20% discount and you'll be very happy with it.
lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:11 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nxkharra View Post
Recently purchased the Tempurpedic topper for our fairly new mattress we purchased a year ago. What a difference the topper made. When we purchased the new mattress we bought one that was to firm. Not much breaking in period and by the time we were back to sleeping in the coach the "return to vendor" period expired. I was reluctant to spend the 400 dollars (at Bed, Bath, and Beyond) on the topper but it turned out be be great. We are now saving to purchase another topper for the house.

Not sure how well they work on a sleep number bed but on a regular mattress I give it 2 Thumbs Up!!!...
Rikmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:19 AM   #5

Rexhall Owners Group
Not sure why you would want one on a Sleep Number bed, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the adjustable sides on the Sleep Number? Doesn't make sense to me.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:32 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Comfort is very subjective. With that said, I put a 3" memory foam topper on my sleep number, and it went from very uncomfortable to super nice. The only problem that I have encountered is the weight of the topper. I upgraded the gas struts to the largest size that I could find, and it still will barely hold the bed up to get stuff underneath. It always takes two people to get stuff out from underneath, one to hold it up and the other to retrieve items. Other than that, a very worthy upgrade for us.
Cbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:49 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We just bought a temperpedic mattress to start with. I love the one I bought for my house and bought one for the motor home.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:12 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We also bought one. What a big improvement, you won't be sorry.