Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2020, 08:41 AM   #15

I have read a number of times on here where the black tank rinse got people in trouble. Vseasport, hope yours isn't too bad a clean up.

None of the rigs we've owned had a black water rinse connection and I can safely say, we never missed having one. One thing's for sure, if we ever do end up with a rig that has one, I will not use it. In fact, I would install a plug in it and leave it there to keep me from becoming another casualty.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2020, 09:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnvrvin View Post
I would like to take the coach down but the DW is petrified of crossing the border
Easier for you with nexus and green card holding Gringo

Oh well maybe one day
Greg
Nothing to be afraid of. Stories you might hear are rare and there is more to it than they tell. For a person that uses common sense and doesn't check their brains at the border Baja is every bit as safe as the US. If you are not out looking for trouble to won't find you.

Because of our size we need to cross with trucks not the passenger lanes. Nexus, Global entry, green card or citizens go through the same process. In 30 years we have never been discriminated against and have never felt afraid or intimidated. Treat the officials or who ever you encounter with respect and they will reciprocate. It is the ugly Americans that feel entitled that get in trouble.

A person that appears to be afraid might have something to hide and I have observed they might get inspected a little more thoroughly. Sometimes at the boarder or a check point on the highway an inspector will ask for permission to come inside. After agreeing they will ask if we have a dog. My standard answer is no, but be careful of my wife, she is very agressive. That always breaks the ice and we get zipped through.

Okay, off my soap box. I have stoled my own thread.
vseasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 10:55 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
I have read a number of times on here where the black tank rinse got people in trouble. Vseasport, hope yours isn't too bad a clean up.

None of the rigs we've owned had a black water rinse connection and I can safely say, we never missed having one. One thing's for sure, if we ever do end up with a rig that has one, I will not use it. In fact, I would install a plug in it and leave it there to keep me from becoming another casualty.
If I ever had a coach without a cleanout, I would install one. All one has to do is pay attention to the job at hand. The first thing I do when dumping is to hook up the black tank flush and start it running. Then open the dump valve. When it is down to a trickle, I'll shut the valve and run 10 gallons from the grey into the black while the BT flush is running. Once more and the tank is clean. I think it is most convenient way to have a clean tank when done.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:00 AM   #18

Foretravel Owners Club
As We get older...We WILL still do stewpud stuff.......only slower...
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:15 AM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
If I ever had a coach without a cleanout, I would install one. All one has to do is pay attention to the job at hand. The first thing I do when dumping is to hook up the black tank flush and start it running. Then open the dump valve. When it is down to a trickle, I'll shut the valve and run 10 gallons from the grey into the black while the BT flush is running. Once more and the tank is clean. I think it is most convenient way to have a clean tank when done.
My rig doesn't have one, how would I go about installing one?
Old 12-01-2020, 11:08 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryStone View Post
My rig doesn't have one, how would I go about installing one?
Have you ever had a problem with the black tank? If not, then why go through the trouble of installing a rinse and adding the potential to cause a catastrophe if you ever ran it too long or forgot to turn it off?
Old 12-02-2020, 09:36 AM   #21

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
Have you ever had a problem with the black tank? If not, then why go through the trouble of installing a rinse and adding the potential to cause a catastrophe if you ever ran it too long or forgot to turn it off?
no problem yet, but we have only used the rig twice since buying in in march.