RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2020, 05:56 PM   #1

The blue wave

Haven't had the rig out of the garage for four months so I'm excited that we going boondocking for a few days after Thanksgiving.

I started on my check list to make sure everything is ready. Our Pressure Pro beeped the inside right rear was down too 94psi. On my way out the door to air it up I discovered fresh water was at 3/4.

I hooked up the the fresh water hose to top of the tank while I topped off the tire. Finished the tire and we were still taking on water. This didn't seem right but I could hear water going in. A few minutes later water was coming out from under the coach but it wasn't the water overflow. I turned off the hose and went inside to discover a blue wave of treated water coming from under the bathroom door heading for the salon.

Just got comfortable that I have learned the coach inside out I make a bone head move like this. My fill hose was connected to the flush tank port not the fill tank port.
vseasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2020, 06:19 PM   #2

Hope you can get it cleaned up so it doesn't delay your trip!
Old 11-25-2020, 06:31 PM   #3

Oh Oh. At least it was blue water instead of some other color.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:40 PM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Note: All our heads have some bone in them...and a good little reminder that we all can make mistakes. Good you caught it quickly.

Happy Thanksgiving and hope your trip is great!
Old 11-25-2020, 06:50 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Show me somebody who doesn't make mistakes and I'll show you somebody who never does anything.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:16 PM   #6
WDW

Been there. Done that in a hurry one time. Water migrated back through a pin hole and shorted our built in Progressive EMS.

At this point I will tell you thank goodness for Coach-Net who found a technician to fix my inattentive stupidity.
WDW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:53 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
I almost did that one time and it got my attention. I fixed it where it can't happen again by using a totally separate hose for the tank flush. I put quick disconnects on both the fresh inlet and the tank flush but reversed the fittings. There is a male fitting on the tank flush and a female on the tank fill. That way it's impossible to hook up wrong.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 10:03 PM   #8

That is why I use 2 different kind of quick water connectors, plus it's an EZ hook up. You can't mess up, one for the fresh water and one for the black water flush.

https://www.amazon.com/Hourleey-Gard...6362831&sr=8-4
https://www.amazon.com/HQMPC-Connect...6363456&sr=8-3

2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 03:38 PM   #9

iRV2 is a group of wonderful people. Thanks for not kicking me while I was down, the words of encouragement and good suggestions.

The good news we are going camping. Clean up was easy, I immediately pulled the dump and now our garage floor has a little blue tinge. No harm no foul.

Wishing everyone a good Thanksgiving. This is one of the few days of the year it is a little odd for an ex-pat living in Mexico. No Thanksgiving here and I don't think my local friends get the concept of a pilgrim when I try to explain.
Old 11-26-2020, 03:44 PM   #10

A good friend did that, he had to disconnect all electrical while cleaning up, water was dripping through floor onto his inverter/transfer switch. Good luck with clean up.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 04:19 PM   #11

I also use a separate hose for gray and black rinse out. Always worried about blow back into the potable hose
Placing quick disconnects on good thinking
Different disconnects and different hoses

Happy Thanksgiving
Greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 04:24 PM   #12

Vseasport
Where you live?
My brother lives in Pete's Camp Mx
Near San Felipe

Happy Thanksgiving Pilgrim
Greg
Old 11-27-2020, 06:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnvrvin View Post
Vseasport
Where you live?
My brother lives in Pete's Camp Mx
Near San Felipe

Happy Thanksgiving Pilgrim
Greg
We have lived full time in Buena Vista/Los Barriles a 1,000 miles from the US boarder for 30 years. It is a sleepy little area on the Sea of Cortez between La Paz and Cabo San Lucas.

We stopped at Petes Camp for the night in July and were the only motorhome on their beach sites. It was on our way home from a 2 month trip through the northwest US visiting national parks and friends. Our total trip was 6,000 miles but 2,000 of that was just getting back and forth from home to the US. Anyhow, we enjoyed Pete's and will use it for a stopping point again.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:38 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by vseasport View Post
We have lived full time in Buena Vista/Los Barriles a 1,000 miles from the US boarder for 30 years. It is a sleepy little area on the Sea of Cortez between La Paz and Cabo San Lucas.

We stopped at Petes Camp for the night in July and were the only motorhome on their beach sites. It was on our way home from a 2 month trip through the northwest US visiting national parks and friends. Our total trip was 6,000 miles but 2,000 of that was just getting back and forth from home to the US. Anyhow, we enjoyed Pete's and will use it for a stopping point again.
I would like to take the coach down but the DW is petrified of crossing the border
Easier for you with nexus and green card holding Gringo

Oh well maybe one day
Greg