Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2016, 09:42 AM   #99

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Someone ask "What is so painful about looking at an RV parked in someone's driveway?"

I can, as it happens, answer that

(Frown) THEY CAN AFFORD AN RV!!!! How can THEY AFFORD AN RV when I can barley make my Montague Payment?" WAA.. I don't want to be reminded that THEY are better off than I am WAA.. Let's make a law so I don't have to look at it WAA.

That's what is so painful.. The Crying of the cry babies.

Sadly. There are a lot of crybabies.
While I agree that in some cases this may be the underlying cause, I suspect the real overall root of the problem is that far too many times there have been derelict RVs, junk cars, boats, trailers, etc , etc that are parked in yards with grass and weeds growing up around them. We have all seen this type of thing. This in turn drives down property values. I wouldn't want to live next to a pig sty either. So, communities and HOAs formulate regulations to prevent that from happening. Some people just simply don't like to see large vehicles parked at a house. The problem is that a regulation has to have a "fit-all" composition. So, the guy with the new MH is treated just like the guy with the 20 yr old piece of junk that is truly an eyesore. The rules have to be applied equally. I don't think one can actually specify the quality of the unit - that's too subjective. What person says is junk, another would think is just fine. So, rules are made that affects us all whether we like it or not. I'm in a similar situation at my house with a disagreeable, miserable little neighbor who doesn't seem to like or agree with anything. Sad some people just don't want to get along and want to play the call the city game all the time.
jt
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2016, 09:43 AM   #100

It might be time to retire this thread.
Old 12-23-2016, 02:59 PM   #101

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson View Post
It might be time to retire this thread.
I will second that!
Old 12-23-2016, 03:10 PM   #102

If the city has told him he just has to move behind the setback, what ever that is, I suppect the RV limitation overrides the 10K weight limit.

+1 on expiring the thread.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:18 PM   #103

Well it's deadline time...Dec 23, 2016

Did you remove or move and comply
OR
Did you hear the 'beep, beep, beep' of tow vehicle backing up
Old 12-23-2016, 05:48 PM   #104

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A "building setback" refers to the allowable construction of buildings/structures, and is typically consistent throughout the neighborhood, i.e. a specific distance from the front R/W line. That is different than a front yard setback in reference to the parking of vehicles, which is the front-most part of the house, regardless of the neighbor's house position. You're trying to fight an apple problem by citing oranges. Unlike some, you actually have a pretty easy way to comply. Move your RV..
Old 12-23-2016, 05:56 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Someone ask "What is so painful about looking at an RV parked in someone's driveway?"

I can, as it happens, answer that

(Frown) THEY CAN AFFORD AN RV!!!! How can THEY AFFORD AN RV when I can barley make my Montague Payment?" WAA.. I don't want to be reminded that THEY are better off than I am WAA.. Let's make a law so I don't have to look at it WAA.

That's what is so painful.. The Crying of the cry babies.

Sadly. There are a lot of crybabies.

I am stumped. We went from set backs and RV parking issues to Barley and Montagues. Barley is a grain, not at all sure about this Montague stuff.
This thread needs to be closed before the Montagues multiply..........

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
Old 12-23-2016, 06:37 PM   #106

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I live a few cities away from the OP. We have the came rules. I'm lucky I can park my RV in front of my garage which my driveway goes next to the home. We have people parking RV's just like the OP and did and no one has said anything. All it take is one neighbor who wants to feel important to call the city.

I don't think Mentor Ohio really give a hoot. There are plenty of RV storage places in his area...Yes, it's going to cost $40 - $50 a month. The OP should be lucky the bedroom community of Mentor doesn't out law RV's all together like many home owner associations do. If they did that in my city, I would move...

I
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Old 12-23-2016, 06:39 PM   #107

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRex45 View Post
I am stumped. We went from set backs and RV parking issues to Barley and Montagues. Barley is a grain, not at all sure about this Montague stuff.
This thread needs to be closed before the Montagues multiply..........
How about barely and mortgage .... is that better ?

Old 12-23-2016, 06:43 PM   #108

Winnebago Owners Club
"All it take (sic) is one neighbor who wants to feel important to call the city."

Asking the city to enforce its ordinances isn't akin to wanting to feel important...and it isn't wrong.
2015 Winnebago Minnie 2101DS travel trailer & Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts of WindyNation solar (parallel) with MPPT controller, 2 Trojan T-125s, TALL flagpole and a great attitude…SoCal based. Perfer USFS, BLM, COE, USF&WS, NPS & state park campgrounds.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:37 PM   #109

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post

OR
I'm within 16 inches of the setback now.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:25 AM   #110

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post

OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankshaft View Post
I'm within 16 inches of the setback now.
That would be a "no" on the compliance.

But I'm sure it's the city's fault...
Old 12-24-2016, 08:51 AM   #111

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by glynnspencer View Post
That would be a "no" on the compliance.

But I'm sure it's the city's fault...
Why would you make a comment like that ?????

Old 12-24-2016, 03:54 PM   #112

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC9901 View Post
Why would you make a comment like that ?????
Like what? Have you not read the thread? Reality seems to be a tough bone to chew for some folks.

I understand the OP's predicament. I honestly hope he finds a suitable resolution. However, it's a predicament he has placed himself in and continues (through his comments) to blame everyone but himself.

It's not his neighbor's fault he's in this situation. It's certainly not the City's fault. It's the OP. Just because he "got away with it for years" doesn't make it right, nor excuse not being in compliance now. If you get caught speeding by the same LEO 3 times and only receive a warning, then on the 4th occasion he finally gives you a ticket, are you mad because you "got away with it before?"

The truth is he's either compliant with code, or he's not. None of the other fluff matters.
Closed Thread

Tags
tow