RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2017, 06:04 AM   #15

how does that work out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8 View Post
nice weather and empty spaces in Creede CO
little rain but otherwise beautyful!
come on out!

that's propably why I am getting emails from rv sales outfits saying they want to buy my rv, may have to test the water!
we are planning to go out west next summer.....i assume its not crowded now because school is fixin to start.....or the lines i see on tv at the national parks are only at the big draw places?

maybe theres so much room out there that everywhere can't be crowded.

i would really like to know how it works 'out west', i think you don't go from nov 1 to may 1 cause its cold with any elevation.

Response?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2017, 09:20 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman10 View Post
we are planning to go out west next summer.....i assume its not crowded now because school is fixin to start.....or the lines i see on tv at the national parks are only at the big draw places?

i would really like to know how it works 'out west', i think you don't go from nov 1 to may 1 cause its cold with any elevation.

Response?
'out west' is a pretty broad term. If you go to the national parks during the summer you can expect it to be very crowded. Labor Day is usually the cutoff when things really slow down. It can be snowing in September at elevation 'out west'.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:39 AM   #17

It is inevitable that with a growing population and a fixed number of state/national parks that the camping experience will get mor crowded every year. The solution is to PLAN PLAN PLAN. Most of our short term local trips here in So. Cal. are during the week.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:48 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
It seems like there is an article every week about the record number of RVs being sold this year, with next year expected to be even higher. Yet the number of RV parks is actually dropping? It's going to be real tough to find spots in the near future.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:55 AM   #19

I've come to the conclusion that if you are traveling anywhere during the Summer months that you definitely need to plan ahead - especially on weekends. I ended up with a block of 12 days off last month, and we decided it'd be fun to go out to Colorado and do some hiking, rafting, etc in the Denver area. This was not a planned trip because I have a different schedule from month to month, and a few weeks prior to leaving I couldn't find a single campground in the Denver area that had any open sites over the weekend. During the week there were a few openings. Well, we ended up leaving the motorhome at home, and used hotel points ... lol. Still had a fun time, but I would have preferred my RV over a hotel.

I had never been to Rocky Mountain National Park - OMG, what a beautiful place. Next year we want to go back and stay in Estes Park. Highly suggest you make that part of your plans - and MAKE RESERVATIONS!!!

Safe Travels - Kirk
Sunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:23 AM   #20

I could be wrong, but......

Buying an RV is the "in" thing now. This too, shall pass.

The economy has improved for a few years. This too, shall pass.

Gas is pretty cheap at the moment. This too, shall pass.

Most things run in cycles rather quickly today. RV sales numbers will also.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:24 PM   #21

I agree with others there will be a correction in the industry, the economy, the price of gas, etc. I'm not wishing for this to happen it's just a natural part of our economic cycle. Back in 2008/09/10 RV parks were hurting as many people were financially wounded and were not even using their own rigs. Or they were just staying close to home. Regardless I think one could make a case that the general population of RV's has swelled and no one is opening more CG's.
twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:21 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: DW Driver -Winter Englewood FL, Summer Willingboro NJ
I have rarely stayed at campgrounds. I do not particularly like "camping" as much as "traveling" Campgrounds are expensive for getting a nights rest so we look for Walmart's. we have our own list and locations that we like. Likes are based on distance from major highway, rail lines or airports. That eliminates noise. Other factors, ease of entry to parking area and how flat. Additionally we rate the security patrol, ground keeping (especially at night with the vacuum truck and local population crowd gatherings. Some times the parking lot at a few have gotten pretty noisy.

We also note if they have a gas station accessible to our rig, (64 feet) for a fill of diesel at a cheaper rate than found on the road. We fill up first and then if need run the genny for air condition. Never had any problems in 7 years.

We have stayed at some beautiful camp ground. one had a train crossing 1/2 mile away with a train every 2 hours. Another was right next to the interstate with truck traffic all night. Worst part was we had to pay to stay there. Other stays we were only there to catch a nights rest. Seems silly to pay for that.

Different strokes for different folks.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:36 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
We have only been RVing for 12 years or so...since our mid 30's. However in that short amount of time it has gone from "Why do you have an RV?" to "We can't wait to get an RV and take trips with you guys!!"

Between non-stop reality shows about living in RV's, buying RV's and apparently and endless supply of millennials that can somehow quit their jobs and travel full time, the market is a bit out of control.

I just hope they all get it our of their system by the time WE retire! I don't want to fight the crowds when we are on the road full time!
relaxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:39 AM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
Can I interest you in a slightly used Discovery?
Why are you selling?
Old 08-03-2017, 06:12 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman10 View Post

Response?
My wife and I have traveled coast to coast and many other places over the past 3 years. 35k miles. We hate to go anywhere from mid June until Mid September. After that it's only crowded in snow bird areas.

Tags
ace, fire, sale