RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2020, 06:17 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmar2856 View Post
What about a wire transfer? We can do them online, so no need to go to the bank. Weíve got an upcoming purchase and Iíll do the wire transfer vs cashiers check as they require the check a few days earlier to verify funds. With a wire transfer itís nearly instantaneous.

BTW, congrats on the new rig.
I am not comfortable with doing a wire transfer these days. Did it once to buy a house and it almost went wrong. I'll have to see if they can do this. Thanks for the input.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2020, 08:27 PM   #16

All is well

Well we got our new RV home today. Camping World of Spartanburg made it very easy and enjoyable experience. They even went the extra mile and installed new tires at no extra cost! Coach looks great and they detail cleaned the whole thing inside and out. We have a few issue to work out. But waiting on parts to get here. Getting a new cable for the back up camera and the hood hinge came off from the body.They assigned a mechanic to test and repair things. He was the one that went over every aspect of the coach and explained how everything work during our walk thru at pickup. Fix a lot of stuff we didn't even ask or knew about. I don't think very many dealerships would have done this. Learned a lot. Even after looking and researching for over 10years, we are still learning. We are jumping right in and not delaying. First trip tomorrow to shake or break it down 2hour road trip Let the adventures begin.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dads Toy View Post
Can't wait to get it delivered. One major problem we are running into. We need to get a certified check from our bank to close the deal. But our bank (BOA) has decided to close all of the branches around us. Only one has a drive thru open. I have heard there is a line of cars every day about 1-2 miles long from the bank. So I am hoping to get there first light to see if I can make this happen. Talk about putting a run on the bank. This will do it. [Mod Edit] You'll be a salve to the ATM's.

On a positive note. We have already planed our first trip to Maryberry, NC. Just me and my bride. She is so excited.
B of A closed our closest branch here and I read that they're closing branches all over to save money. All I know is, when I was in business we depended on our local branch almost daily, and if I weren't retired now I'd be looking for another bank. They seem to think an on-line presence is more important now. That may be true to some extent, but when you need to deal with a human you're not going to drive 50 miles to do so.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:05 AM   #18

Congratulations on the new rig and I hope you have many great adventures! Enjoy!
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:22 PM   #19

There is nothing like the first trip in the first motorhome. Enjoy!

Quote:
...On a positive note. We have already planed our first trip to Maryberry, NC. Just me and my bride. She is so excited.
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Well we got our new RV home today. Camping World of Spartanburg made it very easy and enjoyable experience. They even went the extra mile and installed new tires at no extra cost! Coach looks great and they detail cleaned the whole thing inside and out. We have a few issue to work out. But waiting on parts to get here. Getting a new cable for the back up camera and the hood hinge came off from the body.They assigned a mechanic to test and repair things. He was the one that went over every aspect of the coach and explained how everything work during our walk thru at pickup. Fix a lot of stuff we didn't even ask or knew about. I don't think very many dealerships would have done this. Learned a lot. Even after looking and researching for over 10years, we are still learning. We are jumping right in and not delaying. First trip tomorrow to shake or break it down 2hour road trip Let the adventures begin.

Congratulations on your new purchase! You will enjoy Mayberry Campground. We've been there a couple of times. We like to visit the wineries in the area.

We bought our previous RV at Camping World in Statesville and had a good experience with them. Tom Johnson CW in Concord is about 3 miles from our house, but we will never go there.

Thankfully, Golden Gaite Trailers opened about 3 miles the other way from our house. We just took delivery and had a similar walkthru experience as yours at GGT.

As one salesman told us, enjoy the RV and drive it until the wheels fall off!!!

Maybe our paths will cross!
Old 07-31-2020, 09:11 AM   #21

Terrifying

So have to say the road trip was terrifying. I think the front end is out of alignment. It is very had to keep it on the road. Can't go over 60mph. When a big truck comes by it pushes the rig to the right about 3'!! If this is normal we might be done before we start. But over all drive out pretty well. Was white knuck the whole way. Don't see how these bigger coaches fly down the road like its nothing.
Dads Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:15 AM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
So have to say the road trip was terrifying. I think the front end is out of alignment. It is very had to keep it on the road. Can't go over 60mph. When a big truck comes by it pushes the rig to the right about 3'!! If this is normal we might be done before we start. But over all drive out pretty well. Was white knuck the whole way. Don't see how these bigger coaches fly down the road like its nothing.
What chassis do you have? CHF did wonders on my Ford F53.
miatawnt2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:10 PM   #23

Its a workhorse chassis ford v10.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:29 PM   #24

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Its a workhorse chassis ford v10.
Never heard of a WH running a V10 and since they've been out of business for quite a while now, anyway, it's most likely a Ford F53.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:32 PM   #25

Quote:
It is nothing and most likely just for you getting used to, although there are a few things one can do for a gasser.
Firstly don't be over correcting like some do with a boat and for then being all over the place.
Also give it a little time before throwing money and after market stuff at it.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:36 PM   #26

Quote:
I've never driven a gasser. I did once drive a Bounder diesel 38' rig and rejected it partly because it drove poorly. Our Dutch Star drives well but in a strong crosswind, it can be a beast. Many threads on this forum have posters who do not drive much over 60 mph. I'm one of them. Fuel economy plummets over 60 mph. And it just ain't fun to drive over 60. No white knuckling though.
tommar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:43 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamJam1 View Post
B of A closed our closest branch here and I read that they're closing branches all over to save money. All I know is, when I was in business we depended on our local branch almost daily, and if I weren't retired now I'd be looking for another bank. They seem to think an on-line presence is more important now. That may be true to some extent, but when you need to deal with a human you're not going to drive 50 miles to do so.
Funny how banks that are on every corner seem to be the only business that can do better with their lobbies closed, when others will never recover from being shut down.
They're all a real PITA as far as I'm concerned and not even sure they're a necessary evil anymore. I seriously thinking of cutting the cord, as I did with TV cable.
I don't really think I need them with my brokerage company being able to handle most anything I can think of.
They asked me during a survey, after an unpleasant experience with them, fo r what they could do to improve. My answer was for them to play it like bankruptcy was on the horizon. Yeah right!
Old 08-01-2020, 05:02 AM   #28

Quote:
Don't panic yet! First thing to do is get the rig weighed and find out the weight of your front and rear axles. Then, find the inflation chart for the tires you have and adjust air pressure based on axle weights.

Then, do get the front end aligned.

After that, you may want to make some mods if necessary. A Roadmaster steering stabilizer improved handling on my Bay Star by reducing push from semi trucks. You may want to replace the original sway bars with heavier duty ones, do the cheap handling fix or have Sumo Springs installed.

Even with modifications, I think you will find that staying around 60-65 mph is as fast as you want to go when you're driving a big box down the road.

There's lots of threads about modifications for the gas motor home chassis.

Good luck and I hope you're having a better driving experience real soon!
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a