RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2020, 05:00 PM   #99

dads toy

I am proud for you. I am sure you and yours will love your new coach. Have fun and be careful. MOMCAT
momcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2020, 05:28 PM   #100

DAds toy...My first bus drove just like you described. My front end was aligned according to specs, correctly. Calling for 1/16 toe in. I changed it to 3/16 toe in, and could drive with one hand. I couldn't believe the difference. Good luck. MOMCAT
momcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 06:00 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmar2856 View Post
If the part is listed as available on the CW website then donít let them fool you into thinking itís really in stock or youíll get it in two days. Many of us have ordered in stock items to only be told itís on back order. They are also notorious for taking 5 days to prep an order and send it 2nd day delivery for a total of 7 days. Iíve stopped using them for stuff unless the price is crazy good and I donít need it for a couple weeks.
Yes i get it if coming from CW but found it on amazon prime . Which i am sure they dont order from they ptobably source from one source for parts. Its not like ordering parts for your car where you can call up like rock auto.😁
Dads Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 11:22 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
Anytime one of the dual tires goes flat, the inflated tire is under extreme overload. If the rear axle weighs 18,000#, one side will be at 9,000# + or -. When one tire goes flat, the other one must carry the entire 9,000# vs the 6-7,000 it is rated to carry at maximum CIP. A 50% overload on a tire over a distance can and most likely will cause internal damage that can go undetected till if fails. If it were mine, I would at the minimum have the tire dismounted and inspected or even replaced.
Crasher, my inner right rear dual went flat... as stated elsewhere on this thread, I didn't even know it. Could not feel any difference at all. Was discovered when my MH wouldn't pass state inspection. Very dumb, I guess. However, the tire visually looked normal. It was only when kicked that it became obvious that it was flat. Luckily, was right across the street from the truck tire place. They took it off the MH, found the reason, a nail, reinflated and put it back on the MH. Still drives the same. I'm more careful now and more frequently check pressures. I'm also investing in a TPMS. Looking at TST (way too expensive but has good features), EEZ, and Tireminder. I'm leaning toward EEZ because the price is good and has good ratings. Hemant, sorry to temporarily hijack your thread!
tommar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 10:30 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatawnt2b View Post
Take a look at the crossfire dual pressure equalization system. I'm definitely getting one for mine.

This does exactly what I thought it did. In town on a truck, it isn't a bad idea, but it adjusts the air pressure in both tires to be equal. If one goes flat, so will the other. I would not want that at highway speeds. I preference a warning from the standard TPMS.
mlpeloquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:45 PM   #104

CW Blows

Update; Well got the RV back finally from CW. Keep it for about 3 weeks. They fix the hood and painted the scratch on the front. Looks good. My water leak issue. The tech said he couldn't get it to leak. So when I got the RV back and turned on house power. I notice the water pump cycle to pressure. So the clown didn't even hook up water hose to the RV. Guess he thought since I have a 1/4 tank of fresh water he would just use it to test. And yes he had the water pump switch on the main panel. That's not the problem, Its when you connect water supply to city is when all hell breaks loose. Got it home and sure enough. When I connected my water hose to it started leaking right away. So I fix it myself. Just had to remove the water manifold and cut the hose back some and replace a rusty hose clamp.

Got a question for you all. It has been setting for awhile. If I connect house power to it and don't turn on the main power breaker in the RV. Will it charge the batteries? Or do you have to have the breaker on in order for it to charge?
Old 09-14-2020, 04:04 PM   #105

By "main power breaker" do you mean the "battery disconnect" switch? If the battery disconnect switch is off (store setting), the batteries will not charge. If you are talking about the main breaker for AC power in your coach, than your charger isn't getting power and your batteries won't charge either.
Old 09-14-2020, 04:08 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlpeloquin View Post
This does exactly what I thought it did. In town on a truck, it isn't a bad idea, but it adjusts the air pressure in both tires to be equal. If one goes flat, so will the other. I would not want that at highway speeds. I preference a warning from the standard TPMS.
I believe the Crossfire system and others like it have a safety valve that closes to protect the good tire in the event of a blow-out.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:28 PM   #107

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dads Toy View Post
Can't wait to get it delivered. One major problem we are running into. We need to get a certified check from our bank to close the deal. But our bank (BOA) has decided to close all of the branches around us. Only one has a drive thru open. I have heard there is a line of cars every day about 1-2 miles long from the bank. So I am hoping to get there first light to see if I can make this happen. Talk about putting a run on the bank. This will do it. [Mod Edit] You'll be a salve to the ATM's.

On a positive note. We have already planed our first trip to Maryberry, NC. Just me and my bride. She is so excited.
We have the same problem with BOA here in AZ, I am sure you have probably thought of this, but you can go online a d make an appointment, which is what we had to do recently. Congrats btw!!
KC593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 06:36 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzack View Post
By "main power breaker" do you mean the "battery disconnect" switch? If the battery disconnect switch is off (store setting), the batteries will not charge. If you are talking about the main breaker for AC power in your coach, than your charger isn't getting power and your batteries won't charge either.
Thanks. Yes the battery disconnect switch is off for storage. So I should at least connect it to the house a couple days just to keep the batteries fresh. Be cool to have a solar panel system on the roof to do this.
Old 09-19-2020, 03:11 PM   #109

Quote:
I'd like to self correct the info I gave in this post for the OP. I've since learned that some coaches WILL in fact charge the house batteries when connected to shore power and the battery disconnect switch set to "store". It all depends on how the manufacturer wired the coach. I would use a multi-meter to check the voltage at the batteries to find out if your particular rig is charging. A reading above 13v your good to go.
Old 09-21-2020, 07:49 AM   #110

Quote:
I'd like to self correct the info I gave in this post for the OP. I've since learned that some coaches WILL in fact charge the house batteries when connected to shore power and the battery disconnect switch set to "store". It all depends on how the manufacturer wired the coach. I would use a multi-meter to check the voltage at the batteries to find out if your particular rig is charging. A reading above 13v your good to go.
Thanks for the follow up. I had the power cord plugged into the the coach for some time now. Notice the batteries are staying charged without having to turn on the sales man switch...lol main disconnect. I am going to take your advise and use a meter to check to see in fact I am getting 13+ volts. Cheers.

Tags
class a