Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2020, 07:54 AM   #1

The Search is over First Class A

It has taken us over 10 years of looking, dreaming, researching RV's. Life has gotten in the way along this journey of us getting our RV. But the timing couldn't have been better. Went window shopping again at our local Camping World yesterday. Yes we have all heard bad story's about Camping World so my guard was up. A lot of bad comes from sales people not having knowledge of the business or the products. Luck happen and had a great sales guy that knew his stuff. He reminded me of my realtor. Keep going back and working the manager down to get what we wanted. I went a little too far at times, but he work for us and not the company. I told him what we needed and what I wanted in the end. He ended up showing us a consignment Class A that hadn't even made it to their listings. So we ended up with a 2015 Jayco Precept 29UM. One owner 12k miles! As soon as we walk in my wife knew this was the one. Had bunks, enclosed bathroom, extra seating. I couldn't believe Jayco got all of this in this small space. Has the JRide system, loaded. It's perfect for island hopping and long trips. Love the one piece front glass. They are going to detail it and install ceramic wax coating on the outside of the couch. So pick it up Wed. Already planning upgrades. Going to get the Snap Pads, and tire monitoring system. Can't wait to make our first shake down trip. Oh and it even had a whole camper cover that comes with it. While we was waiting to sign papers another couple that had look at it earlier came back to buy it. Man the look on their faces when they told them it was already sold. This size of RV is rare and hard to find. So excite...Happy trials and adventures await. Oh...While I was setting in the drivers seat I look at the rig next to us. It had an IRV2 sticker on the window. How can I get one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camper.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	294449  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2020, 08:05 AM   #2

Happy Camping!! I also was a happy camper when I got my different rig from the Camping World in Cedar Falls MO. I could not say one bad word about them from sales to service.

I would also look at getting "BigFoot Levelers"

https://www.outriggerpads.com/for-rvs/

The snap pads are great but to make a larger foot print this is the way to go! At least for me.
be-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 08:19 AM   #3

Enjoy your rig. And CW does get bashed pretty good on many boards, and many times deservedly so. But like most businesses, also many times the character of the establishment is founded on the character of the location. Good people, treat people how they would like to be treated - and I've found many businesses where we have traveled have been stand-up people... No different in CW.

Have fun, be safe,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 10:26 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Congrats on the beautiful new rig! You get the IRV2 sticker when you become a Supporting Member for only $15.03 per year! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 10:36 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Congrats on the new coach. Enjoy lots of safe adventures with it.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 09:40 AM   #6

Many congrats to you and your family! This is extremely exciting.....as will be this coming Wednesday. I look forward to hearing some anecdotes of your journeys. Safe travels!!
campingalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 09:42 AM   #7

Nice rig! Enjoy, stay safe and happy camping [emoji111]
RvRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 10:21 AM   #8

Very nice! Congratulations!! They do fit a lot into a short package with that model.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:38 PM   #9

So nice but so far away still

Can't wait to get it delivered. One major problem we are running into. We need to get a certified check from our bank to close the deal. But our bank (BOA) has decided to close all of the branches around us. Only one has a drive thru open. I have heard there is a line of cars every day about 1-2 miles long from the bank. So I am hoping to get there first light to see if I can make this happen. Talk about putting a run on the bank. This will do it. [Mod Edit] You'll be a salve to the ATM's.

On a positive note. We have already planed our first trip to Maryberry, NC. Just me and my bride. She is so excited.
Old 07-26-2020, 03:54 PM   #10

You are really going to love it! We parked next to the same rig for a week in Las Vegas. They came from New Jersey to help with new twin grand babies. They had just bought the coach before the trip, so had lots of little things that everybody helped them with.

Get out there and use it. The things you really need will become obvious. We have been at this for 21 years now, and still learning.
Old 07-26-2020, 05:28 PM   #11

No organization can complicate the uncomplicated better than BOA. Congrats on your new to you rig!
BG Logistics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 05:47 PM   #12

A friend had a similar problem with his bank. I suggested he go to the bank I use and open a checking account with a five dollar deposit. Once that is done, write a check for the amount you need and the new bank will verify the account amount with your previous bank and give you a check to hand to Camping World.
Lynn
Old 07-26-2020, 10:12 PM   #13

What about a wire transfer? We can do them online, so no need to go to the bank. We’ve got an upcoming purchase and I’ll do the wire transfer vs cashiers check as they require the check a few days earlier to verify funds. With a wire transfer it’s nearly instantaneous.

BTW, congrats on the new rig.
Newmar2856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 06:15 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
A friend had a similar problem with his bank. I suggested he go to the bank I use and open a checking account with a five dollar deposit. Once that is done, write a check for the amount you need and the new bank will verify the account amount with your previous bank and give you a check to hand to Camping World.
Lynn
That is a great idea. I will consider this.

Tags
class a