Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2018, 06:21 PM   #43

Tiffin Owners Club
We have had ours for about a year and would get them again.
Ron1z is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2018, 07:10 PM   #44

In in a grass/dirt pad that has taken a considerable amount if rain. When I lowered my Jack's, the sunk into the earth about 4 inches front and back. I tried my old orange levelingno blocks fro our trailer from our trailer days. They broke and also sunk. I went to a local home depot and had several cuts of two by tens. I just needed to cover more ground space to reduce the linkage. Not sure if the snap pads would have helped.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:25 AM   #45

Snap Pads work great for me

My 40' coach was leaving depressed bowls in my asphalt driveway. The jacks have a rounded pad on them. I bought the Snap Pads and have not had any problems since. They were very easy to put on. The surface area is over double the original pad, and the flat shape distributes the weight better than the original dished jack pads. The dished pads concentrated all of the weight in a very small area until they sank in 3" to reach full surface area.
I will definitely have Snap Pads, or something like it, on jack RV I have in the future.
Eagle2mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:08 AM   #46

On soft ground I use a 2x12x36 on the rear jacks. Anything less just sinks in and then you have to clean the pad and of course you are unlevel.
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:40 AM   #47

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've seen the videos and wonder if water, dirt, and gravel collect on the top of the jack feet? They looked like there would be a raised edge around the pads and that's making me wonder about them.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:16 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
I've seen the videos and wonder if water, dirt, and gravel collect on the top of the jack feet? They looked like there would be a raised edge around the pads and that's making me wonder about them.
Everything collects on top of the jack pads and will fall off going down the road unless you spend several minutes cleaning them off after you raise them.
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:04 PM   #49

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Interesting thread.Seems that people are about equally divided on the usefulness of these pads.I think I'm gonna order a set and give them a try.
gvette85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:33 PM   #50

Another idea:
fhmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:57 PM   #51

Total waste of money. Never needed them.
A Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:50 AM   #52

I started this thread back in April because I had 2 situations where our factory jack pads dug down into soft ground while leveling. One time it actually bent the foot on one of the jacks.
I cut up a 2 x 12 to place under the jacks when on soft ground.
I purchased the RV Snap Pads shortly after starting this thread.
Since we installed the Snap Pads we have travelled about 10,000 miles and made at least 50 stops. Not once did we have an issue with the jacks sinking into the ground.
We would highly recommend the RV Snap Pads.
KeysVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 09:56 AM   #53

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysVal View Post
I started this thread back in April because I had 2 situations where our factory jack pads dug down into soft ground while leveling. One time it actually bent the foot on one of the jacks.
I cut up a 2 x 12 to place under the jacks when on soft ground.
I purchased the RV Snap Pads shortly after starting this thread.
Since we installed the Snap Pads we have travelled about 10,000 miles and made at least 50 stops. Not once did we have an issue with the jacks sinking into the ground.
We would highly recommend the RV Snap Pads.
Ditto, 5 stars
Micki-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:13 AM   #54

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharrisv65 View Post
Some people use their awning pole or something similar but I fashioned something out of an unused broom handle. I used an "L" shelf bracket, screwing it to the end of the handle. This allows me to push my jack pads under the levelers without having to crawl underneath. I also have my home-made pads and wheel chocks linked together with small chains so all I have to do is use the "L" bracket as a hook to retrieve them all from one side of the MH when departing...easy peezy..... I'm sure the Snap Pads work great and I can afford to buy them without an issue but why spend $200 when as a matter of just convenience if unnecessary? Also, since you should chock your wheels, placing the pads is just one more step and gives me a chance to assess the site, checking for obstructions, room for slideouts, awning, etc. To each his own I'm just a frugal man!
Some might say cheap just saying.
Old 12-23-2018, 10:18 AM   #55

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micki-D View Post
Some might say cheap just saying.
Pardon previous reply - that's my 72-YO "adolescent" husband playing a joke on me! Apologies.
Old 12-23-2018, 06:53 PM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lol. 72 years young! :-)