Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2018, 12:21 PM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I bought a set last week. The lady I emailed back and forth with about which pads OI needed was very knowledgeable and nice. I even got a 10% discount! Use Christmas18 for your discount code and order some today!

I'll come back after I use them a while and tell you how I like them.
EZRider800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2018, 01:48 PM   #58

I looked at these pads right after the came on the scene. I decided against them because my pads hang down a little lower than I like now. I don't want to make them any lower by adding to the thickness of the existing pads.
I seldom have problems leaving indentations in the ground. I don't rely entirely on my hyd. jacks to level my MH. I use leveling boards placed in front of the tires on the low side or corner so I can drive onto the boards and get the MH close to level. Then I estimate how many blocks I will have to place under each jack pad to get the MH level. I then lower the jacks until the bubbles on my gauge are centered. Once in a while I have to raise the jacks and readjust the pads but I have done this enough to get it pretty close on the first try.
By using this method the major weight is on the boards under the tires. The jacks simply act as stabilizers to keep the MH from rocking. It spreads the weight to 8 points of contact with the ground as opposed to 4.
I made my own pads using pressure treated 2"X12"'s. I can use them singly, and I have some stacked with a 12"x12" piece of plywood sandwiched and glued between two 2'X12".s All pads are 12" long and 12" wide. (actually 11 1/2") I also have some 1/2" and some 3/4" pads for fine adjustment.
I have a screw eye screwed into the side of each block so I can use the rod I pull the awning out with to push and pull the pads around under the MH.
Lynn
Old 12-24-2018, 02:07 PM   #59

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharrisv65 View Post
Some people use their awning pole or something similar but I fashioned something out of an unused broom handle. I used an "L" shelf bracket, screwing it to the end of the handle. This allows me to push my jack pads under the levelers without having to crawl underneath. I also have my home-made pads and wheel chocks linked together with small chains so all I have to do is use the "L" bracket as a hook to retrieve them all from one side of the MH when departing...easy peezy..... I'm sure the Snap Pads work great and I can afford to buy them without an issue but why spend $200 when as a matter of just convenience if unnecessary? Also, since you should chock your wheels, placing the pads is just one more step and gives me a chance to assess the site, checking for obstructions, room for slideouts, awning, etc. To each his own I'm just a frugal man!
If I didn't use our awning pole to adjust the wood pads we have, we wouldn't have any use for the awning pole that came with our motorhome even though it came with an electric awning. I always thought it was some great forward thinking when Winnebago put an awning pole into one of the storage bays when we bought our RV.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 07:26 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palms View Post
Why argue? Small price to pay for convenience of using self leveling everywhere without a second thought. Cost is too high? Really? What did you pay for your coach? No more bending down, bad weather woes, storage concerns, etc., etc., etc., as Yul Brenner famously said. Can’t say anything negative and would install on any future coach as well.
X2

Took the words out of my mouth. I was thinking the same thing
Russ Potteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:20 PM   #61

1 year 8 mos. no regrets. Would definitely do again.
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 04:48 AM   #62

Tiffin Owners Club
8 months later I cannot believe i waited two weeks after buying the coach to install them
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:35 AM   #63

Tiffin Owners Club
We also have a2018 Thor Windsport 29M, I purchased the pads shortly after I took delivery, one of the best mods that I made, get them easy to install.
Ron1z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:07 AM   #64

2002 Fleetwood Discovery Diesel Generator won’t Crank (buzzes and sounds like Battery is not strong enough). This happened once before but started once the 330 Cat engine started. Tried this again but the Diesel Generator makes the same clicking sound.
HELP!
WillieRayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 07:55 AM   #65

Thor Owners Club
Snap Pads

After repeated tries I have given up on getting these to stay on my pads.

Soap, grease, lowering the jacks and raising the coach still no luck.

Pads are the right diameter, but it seems that the depth of the metal foot will not allow it to engage the snap pad rim to hold it in place.

They are now in the corner of my garage collecting dust.
Polishilldav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:28 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
If you use the search box in the upper left of the page with the Google logo you can search the forum for any threads about the Snap Pads. Reading through their web ad, make sure your leveling system is compatible with the pads. I also see little advantage to them except rust stains on your driveway. I can think of better uses for over $150 than overshoes for leveling jacks.

The claim is bogus about electrically insulating you from lightning strikes. If lightning can travel 1,000's of feet through just air, an inch or two of rubber isn't going to stop the bolt from going through your RV. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/rubber-check/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hyatt View Post
Unfortunately that is wrong. Basic science will NOT have current flowing from the ground to the ground. Just won't happen, ever.
...unless you were standing in very wet grass...
DKB218NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:50 AM   #67

National RV Owners Club
Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightstorm View Post
They also free up storage space that would have been used for other pads or blocks.
That might be the argument that convinces me.
Old 12-27-2018, 12:15 PM   #68

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polishilldav View Post
After repeated tries I have given up on getting these to stay on my pads.

Soap, grease, lowering the jacks and raising the coach still no luck.

Pads are the right diameter, but it seems that the depth of the metal foot will not allow it to engage the snap pad rim to hold it in place.

They are now in the corner of my garage collecting dust.
If you contact the company to see if they could help????
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 05:45 PM   #69

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbmrm View Post
We love ours. No more climbing under the MH to position jack pads. No more kneeling on rocks, in mud and rain, in the dark. I'd buy them again.

I don't understand. My foot on th leveler is 7" square. The snap pad looks like it won't even extend that an inch, so I will still have to put my 12" pads underneath the feet on soft ground. What is the advantage?
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 07:59 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysVal View Post
I am considering purchasing RV Snap Pads form my 2018 Thor Hurricane 29 M.

Anyone care to share their experience with them?

Thanks!
Absolutely love them! I park at home on concrete - prevents rust stains plus less blocks to tote around. Would definitely purchase again.
mark103 is offline   Reply With Quote