Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2018, 08:57 AM   #1

Thinking of purchasing RV Snap Pads. Thoughts?

I am considering purchasing RV Snap Pads form my 2018 Thor Hurricane 29 M.

Anyone care to share their experience with them?

Thanks!
KeysVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2018, 10:14 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
If you use the search box in the upper left of the page with the Google logo you can search the forum for any threads about the Snap Pads. Reading through their web ad, make sure your leveling system is compatible with the pads. I also see little advantage to them except rust stains on your driveway. I can think of better uses for over $150 than overshoes for leveling jacks.

The claim is bogus about electrically insulating you from lightning strikes. If lightning can travel 1,000's of feet through just air, an inch or two of rubber isn't going to stop the bolt from going through your RV. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/rubber-check/

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:33 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
We love ours. No more climbing under the MH to position jack pads. No more kneeling on rocks, in mud and rain, in the dark. I'd buy them again.
rmbmrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:48 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Mine would be $200. I can place the excellent blocks I have many times thinking of that.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:07 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Excellent purchase. Love mine.
Sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:09 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Love mine too!
Old 04-15-2018, 11:31 AM   #7

Spartan Chassis
I have always carried and used a variety of blocks to use either under the jacks or tires or both when boondocking. When Snap pads first came out I was interested but they didn't have any that would fit my rig. A couple years later they finally made some my size with a promotional price of about $85.

I got them and really like them. I still carry a selection of blocks for those especially challenging camping spots but the Snap Pads seem to do the trick in most somewhat level spots, and they almost double the footprint of the individual jack pads in soft soil.

It's like a lot of other stuff you can add to your rig, it depends on how you use it. If you mostly stay in RV parks you probably don't need them. If you boondock or use some of the more primitive campgrounds you'll appreciate them.
Sneelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:46 PM   #8

For the price, you can buy and cut a bunch of premium treated 4X4 and 2X10 and have enough cribbing to handle many off level campsites.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:34 PM   #9

For me I needed something with a larger footprint to spread the weight over a larger surface area so as not to sink into ground or pavement. Snap pads are not much bigger than your original pad so not much help on a heavy rig.
Jthigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:37 PM   #10

I like mine. Always on the jacks, no more blocks taking up room in the storage bays. I’d buy them again myself.
Newmar2856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:46 PM   #11

We had bought 16" square polypropylene pads which we used everywhere. When the SnapPads were released, we had to wait almost a year for the 10" for Powergear jacks were available.

Contrary to all the "I can do it cheaper" folks, cost is not the issue. We had used 16" poly pads on the fifth-wheel for 10 years. But on the fifth-wheel, the jacks are nearly on the edge of the RV. On the Bounder, the jacks are on the frame and that is way under the body. Under far enough that we had to get on the knees to position or remove the 16" pads.

And do not think that SnapPads do not add that much surface area. Remember the octangonal shape is close to round and every 1" added is squared to the radius. Or roughly double the surface area for my 10" jack pads.

No more on the knees with the SnapPads. The jack pads are protected from gravel , sand and other abusive surfaces. More importantly, our knees are protected.

SnapPads were one of the best investment we made even after we had spent almost $200 on the 16" poly pads. We still carry the 16"poly pads but in the year we have had the SnapPads, they stay in the compartment.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:06 PM   #12
WDW

Highly recommend them. Hugely convenient when landing, less storage if wet dirty wood and the protect my driveway.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:29 PM   #13

How high can you stack snap pads and maintain stability if you aren't on a level campsite?
Old 04-15-2018, 09:52 PM   #14

I like the idea and bought a set but could never get one installed so they sit in a box unused.
lo-tek is offline   Reply With Quote