Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2022, 03:14 PM   #1

Thinking of selling questions

2006 30' Monaco Monarch SE

We are the second owner. The first owner had all the maintenance records.
We have all the maintenance. We always take care of our motorhome. It runs great, no problems.
We are sticklers about a good running machine; we wax, vacuum, and keep things immaculate.

But our captain chair look bad.

Question: Should we replace the Captain chairs before we sell? They way they look may through off a potential buyer. They are looking really worn.

We thought of replacing a few times. Every time and I mean EVERY time we took it to a shop to reupholster, the stars and moons didnt line up. Wrong fabric, not enough time in location, etc.

We would of course take off the price of replacing the chairs, with a serious buyer.

So, should we buy seat covers and disclose the condition and state we would reduce the price for new seats?

Would YOU as a potential buyer say, gosh they look awful are you hiding anything else?
oliverquibbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2022, 03:25 PM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
If I was purchasing your 2006 Monaco, I would like for you to have recently replaced the Captain chairs and of course not pass that cost onto me.

On the other hand, if I was selling you Monaco, I would consider that the cost of new captain chairs will not bring up the selling price enough to cover the chairs, so I would let the buyer deal with it.

I would try to find a decent cover for them. If the potential buyer complains about the chairs, I would simply state that the condition of the fabric on the captain chairs are in part of why we are selling it at such a great price. ~CA
CRV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 04:27 PM   #3

The market is hot. Nothing you do cosmetically will increase the value enough to recover the investment... Everyone knows age provides opportunity to upgrade. And upgrades exemplify ownership!
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 06:40 AM   #4

The seats should have a tag on them with the manufacturer and model numbers, etc. Contact them and see if they will sell you the fitted upholstery for the seats you have. It shouldn’t be too hard to change them out.

I recently sold my class A that had bad seats. I tried the manufacturer and couldn’t get them off their butts. I called upholstery shops and they told me 6 months before they could look at them to give me a price. I looked for used seats, nothing but worn out stuff available. Then I looked for new seats most places had none in stock and many months on waiting lists. Then I found RecPro had one pair in stock needless to say I bought them. The pair were $2000 delivered, and they were easy to install. I also think they were more comfortable than the original seats, but we’re talking about a Jayco so that’s not hard to believe. The first people that looked at it bought it plus I also had another guy that was very interested if the first people didn’t take it.

Yes, it was a bit of an expense but I feel that the seats are so important to the overall look of your vehicle, it shows you took care of your rig. People want to buy something and use it, most people are not looking for a project.
klspahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 09:37 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
If everything else looks great I would re-upholster the chairs! JMHO
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 01:16 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sell it as is. Don't waste money on new chairs. Next people probably won't care. If they do, go on to the next buyer.

Tags
sell