Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #1

Third party inspection

I have reached a preliminary agreement with a private seller on a 2000 class A diesel in central Florida. Does Lazy Days do third party pre sale inspections? Are they a good option or should I find someone who doesn't want to sell me something (a better rig or repairs)? If I should I try someone else does anyone have any suggestions?
rECUpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
I don't know where you are in central Florida but if you will check Craigslist under RV's for sale in Orlando, Lakeland or Tampa you will generally find companies or individual offering this service. I like LD's but I do not know if they offer that as an unbiased service.
gacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #3

This is in Lakeland and is an American Coach.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #4

I got some information to my own question that may be helpful to others. Lazydays does not have an "official" pre-purchase inspection. They referred me to their standard service packages which range from $700-$4,600 (diesel). While these might be useful after the purchase, I am not trying to pay to service an RV that I don't own yet and may not pan out (even though it is highly likely that it will be fine). So that is out for now.

My search on Craigslist turned up a couple options but I could not find any validation for them on the www.

Any other suggestions or recommendations? Camping World? Although I have not heard stellar things about their service competancy on these boards? Someone could probably start a business with a locator site for this kind of service (maybe that will be what I do to get out of this office).
Old 06-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Lazydays or any RV shop will so whatever service you pay them to do, but they probably won't just say "OK or "not OK" and I don't think they have a package of services specifically for buyers. They used to have some packages like a "40 point inspection", though, and would give you a report of what they found for your information and decision. And they are an American Coach dealer, so familiar with the brand. They also have a chassis shop, so you could request a chassis inspection.

An alternative would be to hire a mobile RV tech to go look it over, but once again you have to tell him what you want done. inspect what? Fridge, water heater? furnace? Etc etc etc. And he would not do the chassis - you would need to make other arrangements for that.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
I can hear the CW guy now: "That coach was a real clunker, but over here on the lot we have a reaallly nice one for just a little more! Only driven to AZ once per year by a little old lady from Pasadena!"

My dad once told me: "Son, never get your eyes examined at a place that sells eyeglasses". Wise old man, my dad was.

I would think you do better to flip a couple of benjamins to an iRV2 member down there to check it out for you.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote