RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2018, 09:45 AM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
This is supposed to be South Texas in the 60s and 70s, not frozen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180117_152832.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	189178
AE Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2018, 09:57 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am in upstate SC. (Oconee county) Below 1,000 feet elevation, I have had more nights in the 20's. or Lower, this month than I normally see all winter.. and it's only the 18th

Where as we used to speak of "Global Warming" we not talk "Climate Change" Here is how that works as I understand it. NOTE: Though I have a science degree.. This is not the specific science so this is technically above my pay grade.

As the world warms. Weather becomes more and more.. "Energetic" This means the summers get hotter, and the winters wilder, More Hurricasnes, More tornados, More freezing in January and Feb, more days over xx degrees in July and August.. Basically MORE WEATHER.

And cold is what I'd call it.

For me there is "Good news".. The park where I'm at did major renovation a year or two ago... Upgraded water and electric at many sites (Water at all) now nearly all sites are 20-30-50 amp and water faucets are all frostproof Like we used on the farm in MI. (The have a "Drain back" valve and when you shut them off and disconnect the hose they drain back into the ground so only air in the exposed pipe).

So i should be able to re-fill water tank tomorrow when it gets up into the 40s.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:14 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Know what you mean. The water tap was frozen at the park connection yesterday morning, the onboard water saved the day for coffee. By noon everything was back to normal. So much for finding the 70 degree weather for the dw
Old 01-18-2018, 02:26 PM   #4

WAY South Texas

We are way down just 8 miles from the border, and it froze here! Woke up to icy steps, a car coated in ice, and icicles on mirrors. What the heck! Darn glad this unit came with the fireplace/heater option that I labeled as "fru-fru". Also darn glad the propane guy came by yesterday, or we might be the icicles.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:42 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
South FL & CA are usually far warmer than S TX. Cold air from Canada can reach TX easier than the coasts. Mid continent troughs.
That said the coldest S CA winter in 50 years was last year. Of the 11 weeks we were there 9 were cold wet and windy.
Tampa FL just had ice.
Expect the unexpected. Always bring cold weather gear.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:30 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I'm in Florida now, north of Tampa a bit. Last two nights have been in the mid 20s and it looks like tonight is headed that way too. weather reports say "well below average". When there is only a couple of degrees difference from here to my home I Northern NY, something is decidedly wrong. Going through propane like crazy.

Tags
texas