Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2020, 11:33 AM   #1

Thor Aria or Pace Arrow

I’m new to RVing and bought a Thor Magnitude. My family and I have decided to upgrade to a Class A for more room. What are pros/cons of a Thor Aria 3901 or a Pace Artow? Appreciate your input/advice
Neeto63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2020, 09:21 PM   #2

Not being biased as we had two Fleetwoods that were great motorhomes, and now have an Aria 3901. The Pace Arrow is more similar to the Thor Palazzo. The lighter chassis, mid-entry, slightly detuned engine and lighter transmission are the same in those two units. The Aria has slightly more HP, Allison 3000 transmission and a true 10K towing capacity. The difference between the GVWR and GCWR on the Pace Arrow is only 4000 lbs. Even though it has a 10k lb hitch, you may have to pack light to tow too much. Of our 3 motorhomes, the first Fleetwood was the most trouble free. We bought it off the lot, used it for 3 years and it never broke. Nothing. Never went back to the dealer, didn't fix a thing. Just used it. Which is why we ordered another one. It was a mess when delivered. Stuff missing, a few things didn't work, the carpet looked like it was cut with a chain saw. The dealer could never get the carpet close to fitting, huge gaps around the edges. Fleetwood sent us to Home Depot, paid for new carpet and install. They fixed everything in the first few month's and the only trouble we had with it after that was caused by a lightning stike that fried some electronics. Kept that one for 15 years. Now the Aria. Had some issues when we first purchased it. Had bigger issues, not so much with the dealer as the service writer. He couldn't seem to find the truth. Kept telling us things were fixed when they weren't, told us Thor would not fix some things, and told us Thor was not getting him the parts. I called Thor, mad as can be, and they promptly sent emailed me the approved work orders, the parts receipts signed by said service writer weeks before. I brought this to the service managers attention and things got fixed, and quick. A few items that needed to be replaced under warranty were sent directly from Thor to me so I could install them myself and not have the coach at the dealer. Thor had been great to deal with even after warranty, and we really enjoy the coach. It may not be a Tiffin or Newmar (yes we looked at those, too), but the floor plan works better for us than anything offered by those fine companies, and I do feel we got a lot of motorhome for our money.
Mike
Mnoel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, pace arrow, thor