Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #43

We've owned a Tuscany for about 7 months. Some start up problems that were quickly fixed by the dealer and then a factory technician that Thor sent to Florida to fix a faulty slide. All in all I am happy with the coach.

You can get a lemon in any brand. We have a friend that bought a new Itasca Ellipse last year and spent most of their summer looking for repair locations and having parts shipped from Forrest City.
Bago40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #44

Damon Owners Club
Looks like we all have different experiences. We bought a 2011 Damon Daybreak a little over a year ago. We are second owners. We love it. It fit our budget and my wife loved the floor plan. It is a 35BD with closets instead of bunks. Also as to support; I had a question about the plumbing diagram and in less than 24 hours a Thor rep. sent me a complete set of diagrams for all plumbing -- water, waste and propane. Looking forward to using it more. Only put 5000 miles the first year. I have a Ford related question, however. Since 2011 have there been any major chassis upgrades or mods. I saw a post somewhere on here that indicated that was the case. Would like to know what they may be?
WmHoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #45

We purchased a GT about six months ago. So far just minor issues nothing to get panties in a wad about. Love the floor plan. As far as quality you purchase what you can afford and this was in our price range and have no regreats
ronny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #46

We owned a 2004 Thor MH, and would rate it below average. I recomend buying a used high end coach.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #47

We have owned our 2012 Thor Daybreak 34KD for a few weeks and we are full timing. We are the second owners. We are on that few long local trips right now to get acquainted with our new rig.

So far, we have only had issues with the service department of the dealership where we purchased. A two hour walkthrough was shortened quite a bit by a brisk service guy. He really didn't feel like giving up details or he just didn't know. Seems like they shortcut doing a thorough inspection of the RV which has us a little peeved.

It's only a year old, so we hope most bugs are shook out. After really spending time in it, we are finding things that feel pretty cheaply made. Most of the materials are lightweight and that seems to be the primary aim. We have more than enough storage with plenty of room to spare. Love our floor plan. There's only a few features we would prefer that we didn't get. Diesel was just not in our price range even though we entertained quite a few.

She is better than some on the road to drive, but definitely not a smooth quiet ride. Washington State has some real crappy roads and that plays a role too. She seems to be gutless. Even with the Ford V10, she really works hard on hills. I am concerned sometimes about towing a vehicle.

We have spoken to Thor tech support a couple of times. Aside from being difficult to reach (long hold times) they were helpful in troubleshooting.

Here's hoping our experience continues to go well. We have much to learn and often it is just user error.
wanderlusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #48

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlusty View Post
...She seems to be gutless. Even with the Ford V10, she really works hard on hills. I am concerned sometimes about towing a vehicle.
The V-10 is really a good engine. It's meant to rev high and as a result it can seem noisy going up hills. I had a 2006 with the F-53 chassis and V-10. I have towed a Chevy Traverse and a Jeep Grand Cherokee (not at the same time) and had no problems driving in mountains.
pablo77rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo77rv View Post

The V-10 is really a good engine. It's meant to rev high and as a result it can seem noisy going up hills. I had a 2006 with the F-53 chassis and V-10. I have towed a Chevy Traverse and a Jeep Grand Cherokee (not at the same time) and had no problems driving in mountains.
That makes sense. Thanks!
Old 08-31-2013, 12:22 AM   #50

We just bought a new Thor Outlaw 37LS. We have only had it a couple of weeks so I can not give any opinion on longevity. I can tell you how things have gone so far. Like others have said, purchasing from a dealer with a good service department is a must. The dealer we purchased from was outstanding. I chose to go to a Thor dealer 12 hours away as opposed to one 3 hours away because they and their service department had such a good reputation.

We stayed at the dealers onsite campground for two nights so we could shake things out. The problems we found were all minor and the service department took care of most of them immediately. After we left the dealer campground we were camping near by and discovered another minor issue. We called the dealer's service department, they had us swing by and they fixed it ASAP. Here is the things we found either during our PDI or after. This may give you an idea of what we experienced with Thor quality.

1) Loft bedspread was ripped on the seam. The service department thought they may have accidentally done this and had already ordered us a replacement. Thor mailed us a new one and it was waiting for us when we got home.
2) One cabinet door does not sit properly. Thor is shipping us a new one.
3) One blind does not roll up properly. Thor is shipping us a new one.
4) One wheel is discolored and looks like something accidentally got sprayed on the chrome (It is not as pretty-shiny as the other three wheels). Thor is shipping a new wheel to the tire center of our choice and paying for it to be changed out.
5) In the shower where the wall and the floor pan connect, it did not look sealed properly to me. Dealer's service department resealed it with silicone.
6) In the slide, one piece of decorative wood trim was installed crooked. I noticed this right before we had to start driving home. The dealer said they will fix this for me anytime I can come back. We plan on doing a few shakedown trips, look for any other issues and then returning.

That's it so far and hopefully that is all there will be. Nothing mechanical and most were minor cosmetic type issues.

Prior to purchasing I had called Thor with a number of questions regarding the inverter and wiring. The rep I spoke with was extremely helpful. He emailed a few people within Thor and got the answers I needed the same day. He followed up by phone and then emailed me the information so I would have it in writing. He gave me both his direct line and email address in case I ever have other questions.

Yesterday we got a call from Thor saying it was a concierge courtesy call. They were just following up with us and seeing how everything was going with our new RV. In my opinion Thor has treated us as valued customers so far and we have been very pleased.

The only complaint we have about our new RV is with the AV set-up. We are audiophiles and think the speakers in the cab area are crappy. We will eventually upgrade the speakers to some JBLs. The TV in the living area is pretty good but the sound is poor. We will be adding a sound bar. The RV shipped with a sub-woofer but it is not that great and could be improved upon. All of these things probably wouldn't make much difference to most people; we know we are picky when it comes to AV equipment.
Orangepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Just got a 2014 Thor ace class A , looking forward to going some places.
Cevans69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #52

Ok, we have now had our 2012 Thor Daybreak 34KD for four weeks....the honeymoon is over.

We are really unhappy with the quality we have experienced. Experienced folks, please do tell me if our standards for quality are too high. I made a blog post with a list of some things that have went wrong in the last 30 days...

http://highmaintenancezen.blogspot.c...ent-wrong.html

It's crazy how many bad quality things are in this RV. What's sad is that you can't tell unless you own it for a bit. If veneer gets wet, the finish peels off if you accidentally scratch with a fingernail. The city water connection, the power cable hatch, the vents - all cheap cheap plastic!!!

Sad when your friends come over and they say the materials look cheap because they do!!!

Ridiculous!!
Old 09-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #53

Bought a 2013 Thor palazzo 33.1. Had a couple major problems with the motor
Coach all ready...buyers beware...
J.Kuralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #54

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Kuralt View Post
Bought a 2013 Thor palazzo 33.1. Had a couple major problems with the motor
Coach all ready...buyers beware...
J. Kuralt
I don't recognize your name from the many Palazzo related threads in the Thor Owners Forum. Most owners are very happy with the Palazzo. Could you be more specific on your problems to help others?

Also please go to the Palazzo threads for valuable information and maybe solutions to some of your issues. The vast majority of Palazzo owners are satisfied.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor