Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2021, 06:50 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid View Post
My wife and I visited a Thor Class A factory in 2019. I was impressed. I had heard that Thor quality was questionable before our visit but my mind was changed. The representative giving the tour mentioned that Thor had moved the individual in charge of quality control at Airstream (Thor owns that branch) to oversee quality control for Thor production. One of the things that this manager did was to bring all of the seperate functions for making the electrical wire loops for all models to one location. We saw that section and I don't recall the number but there were at least a hundred rolling 4' x 8' (or 10') plywood boards with painted lines marking the different wiring setups; adjacent were equally large rolling plywood boards holding the different gauge wire and colors. They had one team that did all of their electrical wire looms so the chance of making mistakes by having each model team do their own was reduced to virtually zero. There were other improvements made too.
I too am considering a Thor...mainly because it has a drop down bunk in the front of the coach AND 3 AC units and so many features....

I spoke with a west coast Thor Rep and he said that in 2020 Thor realized that they had to do something about Quality Control so they made several key changes. Your post confirms exactly what he said.
Mike
Mdavis501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2021, 10:38 AM   #86

Thor Owners Club
I had a Thor for a few years and was impressed by the clever & efficient use of space especially after viewing models from other manufacturers. The problem was in the slapdash quality of workmanship and poor quality materials. As you can see from my signature I own a Newmar now and did indeed get the good workmanship and quality of materials that were lacking in my Thor. I do miss some of the features such as storage in 2 entry steps, coat closet near the door, doggy window & ‘mud room’ storage at the entry. (I added stair storage to my Newmar) The manufacturers could certainly learn from each other.
Harry
Old 06-03-2021, 01:38 PM   #87

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by aupser View Post
I will be pulling the trigger on a diesel motorcoach soon.. I like the floor plans of the thor Pallazo very much. a couple years old used is what I will concider. any thoughts on the quality of the thor line?

LOL. good thing you came here 1st. I guess by now you know what NOT to purchase.

Tags
motor, quality, thor, thor motor coach