Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2020, 02:57 PM   #29

My thoughts are, overall good quality but the only thing I dislike is the cheap simulated leather. It is beginning to flake off like dandruff on a dry scalp. As RVrs were bust rear to have and enjoy good quality items.
lrgomez1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2020, 02:45 PM   #30

I have a '17 Thor Tuscany XTE 40AX and have had zero quality issues. Given all of the above feedback, I will consider myself lucky
KPSFCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 03:16 PM   #31

Coastal Campers
Jayco Precept 34G

Thor owns most RV manufactures, yes back in 2015 even Jayco wasn't the same. We have a 2020 and yes there are some deficiencies ours in in for service now after one year. But we have way more fun than problems.
kenkolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 03:34 PM   #32

Purchased a 2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road for full timing. No matter what manufacturers model you buy you will have problems. These are basically hand made and not built on an assembly line cars. Tiffin and Newmar are the top two in quality. But looking past this it is very important that you get good after purchase customer service and Tiffin backs their products to the max.
tprbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 03:41 PM   #33

Damon Owners Club
Thor Quality Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by aupser View Post
I will be pulling the trigger on a diesel motorcoach soon.. I like the floor plans of the thor Pallazo very much. a couple years old used is what I will concider. any thoughts on the quality of the thor line?
My wife and I visited a Thor Class A factory in 2019. I was impressed. I had heard that Thor quality was questionable before our visit but my mind was changed. The representative giving the tour mentioned that Thor had moved the individual in charge of quality control at Airstream (Thor owns that branch) to oversee quality control for Thor production. One of the things that this manager did was to bring all of the seperate functions for making the electrical wire loops for all models to one location. We saw that section and I don't recall the number but there were at least a hundred rolling 4' x 8' (or 10') plywood boards with painted lines marking the different wiring setups; adjacent were equally large rolling plywood boards holding the different gauge wire and colors. They had one team that did all of their electrical wire looms so the chance of making mistakes by having each model team do their own was reduced to virtually zero. There were other improvements made too.
Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 03:48 PM   #34

Agree. Thor and Jayco are junk among others
dans1999f-53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 03:48 PM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
i would never buy a Thor coach (based on the quality of a class c a friend rented 15 years ago. i would never again anything Mercedes (owned a GL450, towed a small trailer, the thing had lots of problems (i traded for a Tundra, normally I buy and sell my own (but Icannot lie to people) , nor anything from China (if i can avoid it).

Fleetwood, Tiffin, Newmar, Old Winnies with CAT diesels. Maintenance details-records are important, however watch out for really clean, from the South, they could have been flooded in the hurricanes before. I AVOID resellers (private sellers or dealerships is my preference)
okdeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:29 PM   #36

Thor quality

Stay away from Thor. I have a 2018 Thor Freedom Elite. Nothing but Coach issues that I finally resolved. Try Winnebago. More $$ but a quality Coach
Frank33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:31 PM   #37

Thor purchased Jayco in 2016 I believe. And as many predicted, jayco quality has suffered greatly.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:50 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by aupser View Post
I will be pulling the trigger on a diesel motorcoach soon.. I like the floor plans of the thor Pallazo very much. a couple years old used is what I will concider. any thoughts on the quality of the thor line?
After numerous rigs my dad owned while I was growing up, and now after my own third rig, My advice to you will will be based Solely on experience, “DON’T BUY A THOR”!
If your shopping new on a budget Buy a Wnni, a JayCo/integra, (you can’t beat the 2 year warranty), or live wealthy through depreciation and buy a good used Newmar or Prevost!

You can find a floor plan you can live with!
Johnynorthla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 05:15 PM   #39

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I own a 16' Palazzo 33.2. My problems have been very minimal. It's a good rig and we really enjoy it. I also maintain it, which is key.

As a Certified RV Inspector and Registered Repair Technician, I can comfortably say that there is no such thing as a perfectly built RV. Anything from a high end Newhall, Newmar, or Prevost, all the way down to a Coleman Popup have problems. No matter how you look at it, it's how you deal with it.

By the way....My rig is currently on the market so that I can buy another THOR Diesel Pusher. No my decision, but I made the mistake of taking my wife to an RV show, then to the dealership.

Stand by for the haters to continue to rant.....
Old 07-12-2020, 05:22 PM   #40

Look at the yellow sticker on the palazzo and see what the payload is. It doesn’t carry much weight and can’t tow that much. The hitch capacity doesn’t matter. Look at the GVWR and GCWR.
b17drvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 05:57 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiltner View Post
I own a 16' Palazzo 33.2. My problems have been very minimal. It's a good rig and we really enjoy it. I also maintain it, which is key.

As a Certified RV Inspector and Registered Repair Technician, I can comfortably say that there is no such thing as a perfectly built RV. Anything from a high end Newhall, Newmar, or Prevost, all the way down to a Coleman Popup have problems. No matter how you look at it, it's how you deal with it.

By the way....My rig is currently on the market so that I can buy another THOR Diesel Pusher. No my decision, but I made the mistake of taking my wife to an RV show, then to the dealership.

Stand by for the haters to continue to rant.....
Thanks for sharing your opinion/observations....

IMHO..... you do yourself, and your opinion, a disservice by resorting to name calling those who are sharing experiences, or have opinions, that are different from yours....

You certainly offer an informed opinion on the quality of your THOR motorhome..

But... people who are sharing experiences, and forming their opinions on those experiences, even while they my be less experienced and/or informed as you, it doesn't devalue their opinions....

It certainly doesn't automatically qualify them as as "haters" and "ranting", just because they don't agree with you..
Old 07-12-2020, 06:05 PM   #42

Foretravel Owners Club
No longer have a bone in this dawg fight..
.Had a Thor/Four Winds Infinity 34-H (Frilly Sister of the Windsport/Hurricane). GM gasser..Owned for 3 years....

Now We Do Not..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor, quality, thor, thor motor coach