Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2015, 04:04 PM   #15

Walmart sells black streak remover and I've found that it gets rid of the white streaks as well.

David, Heidi, M and Moose(the lab)
2011 Damon Astoria
Pulling an'09 Chevy CrewCab.
dsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2015, 07:05 AM   #16

"La's Totally Awesome" cleaner from the dollar store for $1 a bottle, this stuff is amazing! I use it in my pressure washer foam applicator, foam it on, scrub it with a soft bristle pole brush and pressure wash rinse it off with a wide fan nozzle, Removes black and white streaks.

I mix it 1/3 cleaner to 2/3 warm water in my foam wand bottle, I can do my 28' MH with one bottle. Does leave residual streaks on the windows but that is more than likely my hard water. MH surface is smooth to the touch. I do use a home-built 3 stage filter for washing to help with water spots but, do not have my soft water to my outside spigot yet.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:25 AM   #17

Interior Window Streaks

I may start a new thread, or perhaps go to General Discussion, but this thread caught my eye.

We had SW Florida site that faced due east, and with air-born grease from cooking, the sun baked the grease onto the interior glass that regular window cleaner only made worse. Kind of like the inside of an oven door. No doubt we will adjust our cooking methods, but after trying a half-dozen products, I found that Meguiar's Rubbing Compound took me back to the glass in short order on a small portion of the glass. Yes, it is micro-abrasive, but whatever the stuff might have done to the glass, it is invisible. In a post above, I'm seeing a product called Invisible Glass, and a 10x dilution of wheel acid, which sounds a little scary. Perhaps some of you know of a product for this situation. Windex, Glass Plus, vinegar, oven cleaner, CLR Goo-Gone...forget these products.

Thanks, everybody.

Jim & Kristie
Fort Myers, FL
Jim Woodard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 09:28 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucepts View Post
"La's Totally Awesome" cleaner from the dollar store for $1 a bottle...
Yeah, that was in my arsenal of cleaners I originally tried as well.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:50 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duoglide1 View Post
If you have to look at it in reflected light it's probably etched into the clear coat. Possibly someone washed the roof with a strong soap or chemical wash and didn't rinse it soon enough. You may have to polish it out and then re wax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
You may have nailed it!
Yep, after spending most of the weekend researching primarily on classic car forums and sites, I believe that to be the case. I do not know where the previous owners lived or kept the RV stored, or if it is something that was used to clean the roof and not rinsed off the sides quickly enough.

Anyway, my next step is to try rubbing compound and re-waxing. Fortunately I have a friend that is into that stuff so I'll get him over to look at it this week.

If that is the solution, I'll probably get a professional to do it to be sure it is done right.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:58 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I used a mild solution of CLR. Worked well and didn't seem to damage the paint.
TexasTom is offline   Reply With Quote