Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2020, 02:14 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
It seems to me you should be able to find a similar coach in good condition for $30k or so and spend $2500 on interior updates. It will take some patience but they are out there.
We bought our 37', 1 owner, National Tradewinds on a Spartan chassis for close to that and only did a remodel to the interior and added an Inverter. It is solid as a rock and runs and drives very comfortably.
In the last 3yrs we have replaced tires, house batteries, and other regular servicing. I did upgrade the TV and stereo and some other minor things. We have put 20k mi on it and are leaving Indiana in about a week heading back out to Az. for a few months.
BOOZE TRAVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2020, 03:42 PM   #16

ANY 20 year old coach with those issues is a money pit that just keeps getting deeper.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 04:04 PM   #17

I agree, I would continue my search, this one is scary.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 04:11 PM   #18

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
With that repair budget- walk away. There'll be be another unit in better condition. Water leaks spell for one surprise after another. I did a repair project about four years ago on a 1964 TT that had a known leak. I'm able to do the work and was willing. In the end I torn 100% of the back 4 ft down to the aluminum skin and rebuild it all from the inside. The water damage just kept being bigger than first thought. In the end it became a very nice unit. The original refrigerator and furnace still worked. Just had to replace the door seals on the frig.

We in looking for a Coach House 272xl. Not many of them in these parts, but we'll wait until the right unit/deal comes up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1280.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	341.6 KB
ID:	311349

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1282.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	325.8 KB
ID:	311350
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 04:20 PM   #19
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Run, don't walk!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 08:57 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you could pick this rig up for 10 or 15K it may be worthwhile IF you can establish all existing issues.. As other mentioned, low mileage is not really a good thing, these rigs need to be exercised in my opinion ... The hydraulics are easily repaired, I have worked on most of mine, if you can get to HWH they will fix all in a couple days...I have had slide stuck and HWH was able to walk me threw a bypass and life was good.. Do the math, in top shape that rig may bring 35 - 40K, in my opinion... Good luck with your decisions
Petesflhtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 09:12 AM   #21

Find a unit from the 1st or 2nd owner with extensive maintenance records. Buying one from someone that has only owned it for a month usually means they have had it just long enough to realize it is a money pit that requires a ton of work. There are exceptions to this but not many. We looked for 2 years to find the MH that really works for us. DON'T be impatient. And right now RV's are at a premium. That is expected to change drastically in 6 months to a year.
Roy-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 09:17 AM   #22

I agree with all above. I would shop around for another one.
sawmillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 09:27 AM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We’re buying it for $22,000, and willing to spend $5000 on repairs (resealing roof, repairing slides) and $5000 on remodel. Are we walking into trouble?

Actually, the numbers are right, just reverse them.. Buy it for $5k, fix it for $22k.
Concord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 11:36 AM   #24

As everyone has said, run away. You are much better off paying more for a coach that has been well cared for with all the records, and without issues with leaking, then to purchase that one. $5k is a drop in the bucket of what it will cost to get that one fixed. And with those kinds of visible issues that were never taken care of, what other hidden issues are there? I do not trust anyone that does not take care of issues as they arise. You can have things checked over, but that does not mean something major may not happen a few miles down the road.

Up your budget and purchase one that has been taken care of. It will be lots cheaper in the long run.
Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome