Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2021, 07:25 AM   #1

Thoughts on Winnie Journey

I have only been looking at Tiffin and Newmar for a used coach around ten yrs old. Everything has been well used and I haven't found anything in my price range that I like. Just saw a 2011 Winnebago Journey 40U that I really like but don't know much about the brand. We are full time and travel so I need something that will stand the test of miles, reliability and comfort. What experiences has anyone had with this brand or this particular model? Thanks

2016 Grand Design Momentum 376th
2015 F350 Platinum Dually
2012 Harley Heritage Softail
Blularry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2021, 08:21 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
We had a '10/'11 40L for 75,000 miles with very little trouble (don't use the slide locks). It was a great reliable coach with a great floorplan. It was our third Winnie and the best of the bunch!
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 09:25 AM   #3

Have an 03 Journey DL 36GD 3 trips cross country and unk football games not to mention who knows (18+) trips to Florida fine coach. None of them are without a problem here or there. Next out west trip this summer.
RayJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:41 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I think the Journey & Meridian are every bit as solid a coach as the Tiffin Phaeton or Newmar Ventana. And if you would rather go a bit upscale, look at the Winnie Tour pr Ellipse. When buying older used caches, condition and maintenance are much more important than brand name.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:53 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
The Journey/Meridian (and Tour Elipse) are really high quality coaches. Solid wood interiors built at Winnebago. In fact, WBGO makes as many of their own parts as possible. Plus they have extensive Electrical and Plumbing diagrams online and a 3D Parts List that shows every part in place and it's all 3D renderings that zooms, rotates and scrolls within your browser. Works with any browser EXCEPT Internet Explorer. Here's a link to the 2011 40U parts list.

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/2011/11wkp40u.htm
Old 03-23-2021, 05:06 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Years ago when we were first looking for a DP, the Winnebago Journey was a nice coach. Not high end, but certainly better than entry level. Our friends have a 2018 40' Journey. It has some really nice features and was well thought out. On there 40' coach, it has three A/C's and a 10K generator, something that some more expensive coaches don't have.

I don't think you can go wrong with one.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 05:39 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
We have a 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U which is basically the same. We started full timing in September. The quality is good and we have had only a few issues that were there when the original owner sold it to us. Solid wood. GREAT layout for full-timers (IMO). And the support from WBGO has been good too with diagrams and parts lists.

Tags
journey