Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2012, 08:26 PM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
I thank everyone for candid and informative input. Its all been worthwhile reading and has helped me to make some decisions. This has been a dream since I was in my 20's when I went out in an Airstream trailer. In recent years I went RVing with some friends and joined a local club. l always felt like the tagalong...I think in the next few weeks I'll have all the kinks worked out of some potential design changes in a Cornerstone 45K model or stick with the 45LP of a Tiffin. The Cornerstone is coming together though with a floorplan that mimics the 45LP of a Tiffin pretty closely. seeing it up close is pretty cool.
Rudy
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cornerstone 4.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	28579

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	295.4 KB
ID:	28580
RudyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #30

I was a complete newbie...closest thing to an RV I owned was an elk tent. After about 6 months of research I chose an Entegra Anthem.

I'm opinionated. I don't vote straight down party lines. I'm not a cheerleader. I certainly don't give out compliments easily. I feel there are too many people on this site that expect people to buy the same manufacturer they did...just because they bought XYZ company. People should buy what they feel confident and happy with and encourage others to do the same.

Having said that, I'll share the following: Entegra has made us extremely happy owners. They have held our hand with COUNTLESS questions and the customer service has been the best I've ever experienced. I own a company, and Entegra's customer service caused me to stop and take a closer look at how I take care of my customers.

We only have 2 issues. 1. We wish we could have a U shaped couch in our Anthem, and 2. We bought a 43 DEQ in Feb 2012. Not long after we wished we would've bought the 44 DEQ. Very soon, we're ordering a 44 DEQ.

They have supported us countless ways. Enough to warrant us purchasing a new one within a year of buying the first.

Good luck in your search. I hope you find the coach that makes you happy and a manufacturer that will take as good of care of you, as Entegra has of us.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RISCKY View Post
I was a complete newbie...closest thing to an RV I owned was an elk tent. After about 6 months of research I chose an Entegra Anthem.

I'm opinionated. I don't vote straight down party lines. I'm not a cheerleader. I certainly don't give out compliments easily. I feel there are too many people on this site that expect people to buy the same manufacturer they did...just because they bought XYZ company. People should buy what they feel confident and happy with and encourage others to do the same.

Having said that, I'll share the following: Entegra has made us extremely happy owners. They have held our hand with COUNTLESS questions and the customer service has been the best I've ever experienced. I own a company, and Entegra's customer service caused me to stop and take a closer look at how I take care of my customers.

We only have 2 issues. 1. We wish we could have a U shaped couch in our Anthem, and 2. We bought a 43 DEQ in Feb 2012. Not long after we wished we would've bought the 44 DEQ. Very soon, we're ordering a 44 DEQ.

They have supported us countless ways. Enough to warrant us purchasing a new one within a year of buying the first.

Good luck in your search. I hope you find the coach that makes you happy and a manufacturer that will take as good of care of you, as Entegra has of us.
I agree....we liked several coaches, I would have been happy with any one of them. We were looking at the Tiffin Phaeton 42QBH and the bus, the Newmar Mountain Aire and the one we bought, the American Coach Revolution. The Tiffin didn't seem like much of an upgrade to the Discovery we traded in, but we really liked the Tiffin Bus. I liked the look of the Newmar, but my wife liked the living area of the Rev. I really wished we had a Entegra Dealer in BC area, but we don't, and these things need service! We do love the full wall slide and Aqua Hot, but all I really wanted in a coach was the TAG. I have to be honest, I love the looks of them, but the ride over our 40 freightliner is huge. Very exciting getting a new Motor Home, enjoy!
Old 11-04-2012, 01:07 AM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
The Entegra owners who have replied on here are keeping me in that train of thought . For Risky's response thanks for your candor. Sounds like we're in the same train of thought. But I dont see a 44 DEQ on the Entegra website nor did my local dealer even tell me about this? I'm looking for the 42DEQ floorplan with a bath and a half which doesnt exist. I've been harping on my dealer and Entegra corporate for the L shape sofa entertainment center and a bath and a half. Please tell me thats what the 44DEQ is? Because there is no way that the Cornerstone or Anthem could be remodeled after market modified to that plan as the slideouts are too narrow and not wide enough. I've have a designer on this and Villa furniture who makes the furniture for both Tiffin and Entegra on this and it just can't be done with the slideout depths that Entegra has.

Today I flew out to California to look at the sole Tiffin Allegro Bus 45LP, the first one delivered, which is an amazing floorplan. For our friend Mark "Cruzer" on here it has just about everything in a floorplan that created his wow factor....I test drove it for about an hour and can definitely say its not an Entegra "feel" but still a very good/ easy handling coach . I'll put some photos on here from a crummy iphone but you'll get the drift. Walk in closet with washer/dryer hidden in the back was amazeballs. and more shelves/storage to boot. The downsides , the L shape sofa was convenient but not totally comfy. Had a full pull out hide a bed (full size) and also footrests. Did not recline. The "L" pull out is functional but not something to lounge on. the seat was only about 16" versus the length of the sofa was 24". The other functional flaw for the basement freezer. When slides were out you could open about 8" as the lid hit the slide. Cornerstore basement Dometic was more rear, could open up the door with slides out.
There was also a step in front of the left vanity of the bathroom. This step allowed you to enter the walk in closet in the rear. I'm 5'11 and I could stand up fine in the closet in the back. But that step in front of the vanity was a bit of a nuisance but travelling alone I'd just use one vanity anyway. The bath was nice and roomy and didn't feel claustrophobic at all. Today's trip has me thinking again.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3592.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	298.0 KB
ID:	28695   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3593.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	28696  

Name:	IMG_3595.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	290.1 KB
ID:	28697   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3596.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	316.6 KB
ID:	28698  

Name:	IMG_3597.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	28699   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3598.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	353.1 KB
ID:	28700  

Name:	IMG_3599.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	352.2 KB
ID:	28701   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3600.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	28702  

Name:	IMG_3609.jpg
Size:	281.8 KB
ID:	28703   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3608.jpg
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	28704  

Old 11-04-2012, 01:11 AM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
some more photos
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3602.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	364.9 KB
ID:	28705   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3604.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	28706  

Name:	IMG_3605.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	276.3 KB
ID:	28707  
Old 11-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RISCKY View Post

My apologies Rudy...I had a typo... TWICE. We own a 42DLQ and will soon be ordering a 44DLQ. The bathroom is configured differently; much larger overall area and many more cabinets/storage area in the bathroom area of the 44 DLQ. With two adults, a 7 and 10 yr old...storage is important.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #35

I hope the floor looks better in person then in pictures, kind of has a bland look.

How was the ability to pass from the front to the bed when closed up? Could you see yourself being able to fix something to eat with the slides in?

Here is something I've started to notice: Placement of light switches when slides are in. Some are behind slide walls. Leaving you only minimal amounts of lights to use.

Was there a noticeable noise difference between Tiffin and Entegra while driving?

How would you compare build quality?

I actually (while we were looking) took 2 floorplans and put them together to make that floor plan. Thought that it would be the best floor plan for us. Doesn't look like I was wrong.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdostal View Post
The Entegra owners who have replied on here are keeping me in that train of thought . For Risky's response thanks for your candor. Sounds like we're in the same train of thought. But I dont see a 44 DEQ on the Entegra website nor did my local dealer even tell me about this? I'm looking for the 42DEQ floorplan with a bath and a half which doesnt exist. I've been harping on my dealer and Entegra corporate for the L shape sofa entertainment center and a bath and a half. Please tell me thats what the 44DEQ is? Because there is no way that the Cornerstone or Anthem could be remodeled after market modified to that plan as the slideouts are too narrow and not wide enough. I've have a designer on this and Villa furniture who makes the furniture for both Tiffin and Entegra on this and it just can't be done with the slideout depths that Entegra has.

Today I flew out to California to look at the sole Tiffin Allegro Bus 45LP, the first one delivered, which is an amazing floorplan. For our friend Mark "Cruzer" on here it has just about everything in a floorplan that created his wow factor....I test drove it for about an hour and can definitely say its not an Entegra "feel" but still a very good/ easy handling coach . I'll put some photos on here from a crummy iphone but you'll get the drift. Walk in closet with washer/dryer hidden in the back was amazeballs. and more shelves/storage to boot. The downsides , the L shape sofa was convenient but not totally comfy. Had a full pull out hide a bed (full size) and also footrests. Did not recline. The "L" pull out is functional but not something to lounge on. the seat was only about 16" versus the length of the sofa was 24". The other functional flaw for the basement freezer. When slides were out you could open about 8" as the lid hit the slide. Cornerstore basement Dometic was more rear, could open up the door with slides out.
There was also a step in front of the left vanity of the bathroom. This step allowed you to enter the walk in closet in the rear. I'm 5'11 and I could stand up fine in the closet in the back. But that step in front of the vanity was a bit of a nuisance but travelling alone I'd just use one vanity anyway. The bath was nice and roomy and didn't feel claustrophobic at all. Today's trip has me thinking again.
I'll admit, I thought the basement freezer was a waste of $1500. However, once we finally used it, we use it constantly. It'll definitely be on the new one. As frequently as we are in and out of the freezer, I'd be annoyed with only being able to open it 8". It's important to me these guys consider overall engineering design of....well, everything. The big and little things matter. Especially at these price points.

I know each manf. is trying to come up w/ new floor plans to compete...but they need to think everything through and not rush a design out the door in order to compete. It ends up hurting us (the customers) in the long run.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #37

Tiffin Owners Club
Hey Risky - i was just emailing you but thanks for the clarification. I was hoping you had a secret I could bet on.
John - I have to admit that the floorplan slides in was very convenient. With the table and chairs opposite the kitchen the only thing you couldnt do is pull out the extension on the right side. Here is a photo of the coach with the slides in and the kitchen dinette table opposite. I dont have a photo of it but I did test the fridge doors and you could open them both to gain access to the freezer and fridge. Most of the light switches are multiplexed so you can turn the lights on in one panel in each area. For example the kitchen ones you'll see on the front of the cabinet under the sink (blue lights). There's one of these panels in each room plus near the bed. Some lights did not function on a multiplexer panel, such as the sconces and map lights etc. We (salesman and I )didn't see how you could turn all lights off for example from one station though, an Entegra convenience
The floor had contrasting inserts in it and tiles offset and was fine.

I'm also enclosing a driving experience with one of those stopped traffic on an LA freeway out of nowhere. You know where you go from 60 to zero in a few seconds. (there was an accident) . The 2 stage engine break worked really well and we stopped on a dime. This gives you the viewing angles which admittedly were not as good as the dash in the Entegra which dips down towards the windshield so you have a few more feet of viewable space in front of the Entegra coach. I did experience one wind noise whistle on the driver side at about 65 which came and went. On the freeway road noice was not inconvenient but not as quiet as the Aspire I drove. The turns on some sharp freeway offramps and making left and right turns at a reasonable speed seemed to creak more than the Aspire. I tended to take my test drives close to each other to keep my experience memories sharper. I drove to a dead end street to test the 60 degree cut on turning. I was able to U-turn without backing up. The Entegra has an impressive 55 degree cut . On a tight street making a turn from a one way each direction to another one way each direction (which we did) I dont think the extra 5 degrees helped as we will had to go on the opposing lane a few feet to keep the rear wheels all on asphalt. all in all the Tiffin I believe lives up to its reputation in this coach . it isn't an Entegra engineering but as you said John many of the things you wanted for living conveniences were present
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3605.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	276.3 KB
ID:	28718   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3606.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	28719  

Old 11-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #38

Tiffin Owners Club
Something else I'll point out as an OCD. Most slideout designs on coaches of this caliber, kitchen side designed to have tile at the toe kick. You'll see accidents (spilled food/drink, ) on the floor in front of a kitchen cabinet start to show up on this little bit of carpet. Probably remedied with some type of floor runner you could wash but just saying something I noticed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	guest bath.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	28721   Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchen up close.JPG
Views:	240
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	28722  

Old 11-11-2012, 08:36 AM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Having recently (September) purchased an 2013 Entegra Anthem 42rbq, we are very pleased. Unfortunately, we've only had a chance to put about 2000 miles on it, before it gets winterized and put away for the winter, this week. I can tell you that we are most pleased with our purchase and spend many months researching our 1st motorhome purchase, we even considered a used Country Coach and then narrowed it down to a new Allegro Bus. We were close to working out a deal on the Allegro Bus when we started hearing about Entegra. We had a chance to go look at a Entegra Aspire in Albany, NY which we were impressed by, we had already looked at a Phaeton. Our local dealer had just received a Allegro Bus, so we went and had a look, inside, outside and went all through it. It was pretty obvious to us that the Entegra Anthem was a better built coach and the prices were within a couple thousand of each other.

We upgraded from a 5th wheel that we had for 5 years. We travel with one (sometimes two) teenager daughters and one dog. I realized right away, when we started looking that I was going to have to make some concessions with regards to interior storage and kitchen space, no matter what I choose. Our camping friends refer to me as the Martha Stewart of camping. However, I have realized that I can make due with a whole lot less and I am allowed 1 large storage container in the basement. At one point I also thought the, outdoor TV, the washer & dryer, the convection oven and most of all the dishwasher were just "fluff" but I can tell you that I have used them each and every time we've gone out camping! Even if it's just to dry the beach towels and I always use the dishwasher (I believe it only uses 1.5 gallons of water/cycle).

We have had a few minor issues, some have been operator error, sometime it required pulling out the owner's manuals and fortunately for us my husband is a "jack of many trades" and we've managed to make it all work. Albany RV will be here on Tuesday to winterize it and make a few repairs.

We are bummed to be putting it away for the next 5 months, but we live in Vermont at the base of a ski area and our lives revolve around the snow here in the winter. Hopefully headed south in the spring for a couple of weeks.
Tamatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:25 AM   #40

You should compare the bus to the Anthem, not the bus to the Cornerstone. We have owned both the bus and the Entegra Anthem and there is no comparison. Entegra is much better built and the factory service is at least as good or better. Much heavier front axle,heated floors, 3/4 in plywood floors instead of partical board on the Tiffin, much stronger roof, much better insulated and on and on. Just my opinion. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #41

Tiffin Owners Club
I've been really quiet on this forum recently. I've heeded many peoples advise. Since my last posting, I went to the Entegra plant in Indiana and toured the factory, drove a Cornerstone and had a chance to take it all in. yes the Cornerstone (and Anthem for that matter) are both amazing pieces of machinery. And the construction is first rate. However with the bath and a half floorplan in the Cornerstone or Anthem I would have not been happy with the floorplan for my purposes. If i was a "couple" travelling the single bath would have been fine. But most of the time there will be 2nd and 3rd single people with me and the bath and a half I know from travelling with them in hotels that a single bath won't work.

The two opposing sofas seems to be the norm for bath and a half. I saw a new floorplan for the Aspire which had a dinette booth opposite an L shape sofa facing rearwards, Which was interesting but still not ideal. Mark (cruzer)had designed something which was really ideal.
I had a Cornerstone on order. Today I reluctantly cancelled that order. I had to rely on my gut instinct . I hope one day an Entegra will be in my future
Old 11-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #42

Tiffin Owners Club
PS - The Cornerstone drove nice by the way, very quiet and smooth. It had a "pull" problem with the steering though which others have commented is remedied with an alignment . Admittedly though after driving the Allegro Bus 45' a couple days before it was also very quiet and handled well. I didn't notice a significant difference but probably over time it might be more evident

Tags
allegro bus 45' lp, cornerstone, newmar, tiffin