Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #57

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks for the input PDR John

PDR John,
You make a great point as I seem to have let my passion cloud my ability to convey my point. So here is the answer to your questions:
I bought the 2008 in 2010.
I bought Tiffin because I found it to be a great coach with all the features we wanted, and we felt at ease with there reputation for customer service. Not just Warranty service but Customer Service.

My wife and I understood there was still warranty left on the coach, maybe the guy meant on certain features on the coach. Again, I never intended Tiffin to honor a warranty, just offer to help us anyway they could to get us into another coach, we were still willing to buy another Tiffin. THEYDID NOTHING

I did not take the coach to Red Bay, because it was sitting in Tupelo, MS with a blown eng. So my wife and I drove over to Red Bay in our Tow rig.

I talked with Jerry Williamson, National Sales Mgr., Van Tiffin, and Bob Tiffin. Again, I was very respectful to all.

The dealer was sorry to hear of my trouble and even gave me the original owners number with there ok, (this owner's name matched the service records that Bob Tiffin sent me). The original owner had no major problems and trade to get a new coach.

I didn't ask Tiffin to pay anything, I ask them for help in getting rid of this coach and getting us into another coach with out a sever loss of money. A call to dealer to offer extra discount, nice used one we could trade close to even, anything to help convince us this coach was just a problem coach. Again THEY DID NOTHING, NOTHING.

So again the start of this thread was merely to tell prospective buyers to not just believe the statements they read on Tiffins website. My other point was that the statements they make on there site constitute an implied warranty of there motorhomes as a whole.

Yes PM me and I will be glad to send you the emails, but anyone who thinks Bob Tiffin doesn't correspond via email is DEAD WRONG. He dictates to his secretary and she passes the emails on.

Thanks for pointing out my failure to be presice!!! Best wishes and I am buying a HR Endeavor tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR John View Post
Let me start by saying: I have no dog in this fight. We ordered a Newmar.

Next: The manner in which you convey your complaint makes it very hard to follow.

I fully get that you're angry with Tiffin, but it is why that is creating confusion.

You say buyer beware on Tiffin, then I say educate them.

You say you purchased a '08 coach. Correct? This year?

You chose a Tiffin model because of their history?

OK, here is where "we" are having trouble following along.

Warranty- Who said what about a warranty. Did Tiffin directly? Did the dealer? Or is it because of what you read something on their web site?

What exactly was said about warranty?

Did you take the coach the Red Bay? If so what was the out come, that has lead you to this point? Whom did you speak with?

Was all interaction in person, or phone/ internet?

What has the selling dealer said?

What exactly where you wanting Tiffin to do? Fix all problems that you had? Were you willing to pay for any repairs? Did you expect them to pay?

In other words: What exactly were your expectations of Tiffin?

If you can't post the emails would you care if someone else did? I'll pm you my email.

We understand your frustrations, please understand ours. People will come on these boards and bad talk a brand, then not back up what they're saying. Then never heard from again.

Tiffin's reputation for repairs after warranty is over and above. So if what your saying holds true it is a massive blow to the company.

A calm well stated response will do well to educate buyers, such as yourself.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2012, 11:31 PM   #58

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter56 View Post
I did not ask the factory to warranty anything, please read my post before you post your little quips!! Tiffian advertises standing behind there buses, and superior customer service. The point here was they were totally unconcerned about our problems and did nothing to help one of there customers, NOTHING!!
Obviously the OP has learned nothing from all the posts.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:35 PM   #59

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
I didn't ask Tiffin to pay anything, I ask them for help in getting rid of this coach and getting us into another coach with out a sever loss of money. A call to dealer to offer extra discount, nice used one we could trade close to even, anything to help convince us this coach was just a problem coach. Again THEY DID NOTHING, NOTHING.
I don't understand why you would expect Tiffin to help you out with trying to solve your monetary problem with this matter.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:57 AM   #60

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Why are you expecting Mr Tiffin to "help you out" with purchasing another motorhome? My wife wants an Allegro Bus that we can't afford, should he help us out with that? What website are you talking about - the TiffinRVNet. That has absolutely no connection to Tiffin Motorhomes. If you have a blown engine, why aren't you talking to Cummins? I have a 6 year old Tiffin product that at the moment I have some issues with. I don't expect Bob Tiffin to stand good for a 6 year old slide seal that has gone bad. Nor do I expect him to replace a broken slide chain that made by HWH. Now, I do expect my extended warranty company to step in where it covered and in excess of my deductable.
Closed Thread

Tags
service