Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #29

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thank you Sir!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #30

Thank you for you wishes, but again I thank you miss my point, just like
GMC or FORD makes cars, they use suppliers but when you put your name on the product it is your product!
Thanks again
Old 07-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #31

Everybody, please understand I bought a Tiffin product and in my opinion they offered absolutely no help!! END OF STORY. LET THE BUYER BEWARE.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter56 View Post
Thanks AnotherOne, can you or anybody tell me which in your opinion would be better the Entegra Aspire or HR Endeavor?? Down to those two, prices about same almost identical type coach. Any help would be greatly appricated!
I have researched until I am blue in the face ; looking at construction quality and factory response the entegra shines.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #33

Bob Tiffin emails thru his assistant Stephanie

I have 2 emails from Bob Tiffin, thru Liz and Stephine, he may not have email but he absolutly uses it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaball View Post
Welcome Cutter to IRV2.

Sorry to hear of your issues but somehow I'm a little surprised at all of those issues.
Not doubting you, but up until I read your post, I have never known Bob Tiffin to send anyone an email. He does not have a computer on his desk nor ever logged into one. I have sat in his office and can attest to that.

I can say with a certain level of assurance that if you call him or stop in to see him, he will make time to see and or hear you out. If you have not done so yet, I urge you to. Calling or writing his secretary is usually the best method to reach him. He WILL call you back.

As far as chassis and or engine issues, you did not mention which brand of either that you own. Dailing 1-800-FTL-HELP for freightliner issues as always worked for me and many others that I have spoken with over the years. Cummins and or Cat provides the same type service. Is your chassis and engine out of warranty as well? Neither is covered by Tiffin nor any other brand RV.

I'm not sure if you are in a position to travel to Red Bay or not, but I truely believe if one were to walk into Bob's office, they would leave with a certain plan of corrections.

If that is not possible, Mr. Tiffin does travel extensively and is always willing to set down and discuss his products with his customers. I think I read that he will be in attendance at the upcoming IRV2 national rally.

I will not post any phone numbers here but if you have the urge or desire please try calling Tiffin Motor Company and ask to speak to Mr. Bob Tiffin. I think you will be pleasently surprised.

Please let us all know how you make out.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:11 AM   #34

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter56 View Post
I have 2 emails from Bob Tiffin, thru Liz and Stephine, he may not have email but he absolutly uses it!
Post the emails, Im sure everyone would like to see the response.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #35

Well According to Tiffin it's fine, so what's the worry

It's all been fixed, I called original buyer, and got all of Tiffin's service call records. HANG ON TO YOUR HAT---from an EMAIL directed by Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
So this bus is out there ; would anyone here consider buying it knowing the little that we know of its history????
Old 07-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #36

Let me start by saying: I have no dog in this fight. We ordered a Newmar.

Next: The manner in which you convey your complaint makes it very hard to follow.

I fully get that you're angry with Tiffin, but it is why that is creating confusion.

You say buyer beware on Tiffin, then I say educate them.

You say you purchased a '08 coach. Correct? This year?

You chose a Tiffin model because of their history?

OK, here is where "we" are having trouble following along.

Warranty- Who said what about a warranty. Did Tiffin directly? Did the dealer? Or is it because of what you read something on their web site?

What exactly was said about warranty?

Did you take the coach the Red Bay? If so what was the out come, that has lead you to this point? Whom did you speak with?

Was all interaction in person, or phone/ internet?

What has the selling dealer said?

What exactly where you wanting Tiffin to do? Fix all problems that you had? Were you willing to pay for any repairs? Did you expect them to pay?

In other words: What exactly were your expectations of Tiffin?

If you can't post the emails would you care if someone else did? I'll pm you my email.

We understand your frustrations, please understand ours. People will come on these boards and bad talk a brand, then not back up what they're saying. Then never heard from again.

Tiffin's reputation for repairs after warranty is over and above. So if what your saying holds true it is a massive blow to the company.

A calm well stated response will do well to educate buyers, such as yourself.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR John View Post
Le

We understand your frustrations, please understand ours. People will come on these boards and bad talk a brand, then not back up what they're saying. Then never heard from again.

Tiffin's reputation for repairs after warranty is over and above. So if what your saying holds true it is a massive blow to the company.

A calm well stated response will do well to educate buyers, such as yourself.
speaking strictly for myself when one bad talks a brand big brother will shoot you a very to the point "shut up or your gone" message. Really holds true if they are a sponsor. This usually ends the conversation!
Old 07-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #38
doc

Appalachian Campers
.Laughing my rather ample fanny off. At the bottom of three pages of 'discussion' there is a Winnebago advertisement.
I don't understand exactly what and the OP never said, what he wanted Tiffin to do. Did I miss something?
Old 07-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #39

Personally I own a preowned Tiffin. I've had repairs done at Tiffins Service Center and came away with great experiences. All of my repairs to the 'box' were repaired at no charge, including a new ceiling panel, new wet bay floor, fogged windows. Repairs to components were on me as the warranty that Tiffin extends to the original owner had run out before my purchase. As to a new engine by the OP, I too have had that done. There was a 5 year warranty by Cummins and they came through replacing the engine at no charge.

As to Tiffin service, I have a friend that has had two Buses replaced by Tiffin when the repairs were determined beyond what he should have to endure (involved all new coaches) Is Tiffin perfect? No. When approached with reasonable expectations are they fair. Yes.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
speaking strictly for myself when one bad talks a brand big brother will shoot you a very to the point "shut up or your gone" message. Really holds true if they are a sponsor. This usually ends the conversation!

I certainly hope not?

I, for one, would like to know more.

Now where is the tin foil?

LET THEM SPEAK! LET THEM SPEAK!
Old 07-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #41

Fleetwood Owners Club
I am so sorry for your troubles Cutter but I must agree with the other post. AS iS is what you purchased when buying a most probably 07 coach. You signed the sales agreement. Seems due diligence was not practiced on your behalf. Anyway I am sure everyone at irv2 wishes you well, hang in there!

Try venting at the dealership.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
I am so sorry for your troubles Cutter but I must agree with the other post. AS iS is what you purchased when buying a most probably 07 coach. You signed the sales agreement. Seems due diligence was not practiced on your behalf. Anyway I am sure everyone at irv2 wishes you well, hang in there!

Try venting at the dealership.
This is naive. I hope it happens to you.

Tags
service