RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2018, 03:38 PM   #1

Tip out repairs.

The plastic on the bottom of my 08 Monaco Cayman tip out is damaged. How hard is it to replace it? Does the tip out have to be removed to do it? There is no damage to the wood under the plastic sheathing. And should I replace all my seals while I'm at it?
dper0413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2018, 09:33 PM   #2
Motorized toy collector

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have also just discovered some roller wear on the underside of our 2005 Holiday Rambler bedroom slide. I have heard of a company that makes stainless runners for the rollers to ride on, but can't remember the name. If anyone could provide that info, it would be much appreciated!
TJDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:19 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Post in the Monaco forum for faster response. Also list your coach in your signature. The slide can be repaired without removing the slide.
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 06:39 AM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
I have also just discovered some roller wear on the underside of our 2005 Holiday Rambler bedroom slide. I have heard of a company that makes stainless runners for the rollers to ride on, but can't remember the name. If anyone could provide that info, it would be much appreciated!
"Guardian Plates"
Chris Throgmartin
Talln RV
Guardian Plates | talinrv.com
Educational Videos | talinrv.com

Results of a search for posts on Guardian Plates:

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22G...ite%3Airv2.com

I installed Guardian Plates on my coach last year.

I found working with Chris an excellent experience.

Per "adamfolger," you can ask the moderators to move this thread to the Monaco forum. Click on the triangular white-and-red exclamation point "sign" in the yellow area to the left of each post. That will open up a box where you can make the request of them.
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:26 AM   #5

I had problems as well... actually found a couple of screws that attach the coach mounted glide had broken and backed out... thus the damage... I purchased some UHMW, (ultra high molecular weight) plastic in 3/8" thickness... made a group of strips, 4" wide by the length of the slide... I counter sank some holes and mounted these strips... oh I'm guessing 16" to 18" apart across the bottom of the slide... I had to bevel the edge where it met the edge of the slide and ran across the glide mounted on the body... made sure that where the existing plastic sheeting was damaged, it was sealed and covered by one of the strips... BTW the guide in the bottom of the coach is made of the same material and it makes an excellent glide...

I made sure that the slide could sit 3/8" higher when closed... the slide now moves more easily (less friction).. the total cost was about $150. The only other repair my coffee buddy, (mechanical engineer) could come up with was to remove the slide, and replace the plastic sheeting... my project is now 3 years old.. and gets inspection each spring and fall before we leave to travel..

Tags
air, repair, repairs