Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2016, 12:27 AM   #29

Regarding Equal and balancing type bead balancers. It looks like sand to me. Yes, after the initial thumping the tires are very smooth. But, I say this from experience.... Be sure the tire dealer installs the proper longer metal valve stems, with the required longer filtered valve cores for that balancing agent. The shorter stems will bend the core and they will LEAK. The standard cores will LEAK due to the sand in the seal. And worse, I had tire and auto parts people telling me the cores are all the same. And, even worse the tire shop put on the short stems with wrong cores. I'm back to observing the job and asking questions again. No more eating popcorn in the waiting room!
Gary737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2016, 08:36 AM   #30

Reputable Alignment shops will have a small machine that looks like an oversized floor jack that spins the tire while on the MH or car. Usually there is one old timer that really knows how to do it right. And if there are issues with the tires it will be seen at that time.

I was amazed the first time i had it done after new tires that had been spin balanced the normal way, over on some machine. I brought it to my alignment shop are after the adjusted that, the guy did an on the truck spin balance. He had me come over and lightly rest my finger on the hood, it was moving a bit, not that much, but after he finished the hood was stationary and driving home on the freeway there was a noticeable difference which amazed me.
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:36 PM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
From and engineering prospective, are dyna beads approved or not for an M177 Toyo tire? I saw some micro cracks in the front tires yesterday and became concerned about the fronts. Presently I have the Michelin 275/80/22.5 H on the rims. They have been on there since October of 2011. What do you think.
billdreamlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:54 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdreamlv View Post

From and engineering prospective, are dyna beads approved or not for an M177 Toyo tire? I saw some micro cracks in the front tires yesterday and became concerned about the fronts. Presently I have the Michelin 275/80/22.5 H on the rims. They have been on there since October of 2011. What do you think.
First off there is only ONE supplier of certified ceramic Dyna Beads for balancing tires. The company's name is Innovative Balancing in Rochester NY. There are many knock-offs being sold including people that will use all sorts of BB's inside their tires but I chose to use the certified authentic product and they have been in my tires since 2010 without having ANY problems.

Here is their link to the FAQ page which you can read through to answer any questions about this product that you may have. If there is still some unanswered questions just give them a call and they will answer them for you.

Also, don't be fooled into installing Equal Powder or ANY other type of powder as that product has nothing to do with balancing beads, it is POWDER and once you have any moisture inside your tire it will cause the powder to cake up and then you have real problems.

As for the micro sidewall cracks with the Michelin tires, this is a common problem with certain models and sizes of Michelin tires. Mine have been cracked for years now but will be replaced this summer before leaving on our western NP tour as they were put on in April 2010 so they are close to 7 years old.

Time to change out those Michelin tires for something else.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Michelin XZA-2 Sidewall Checking-01.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	148569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Michelin XZA-2 Sidewall Checking-02.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	148570  

Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:24 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
FYI I used centramatics and was impressed.