Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2018, 11:42 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
Centramatic Wheel Balancers.

Nuff said.
I considered purchasing from a vendor, but just ordered front & rears this week from them directly. I want them on before trekking across country next month.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2018, 12:13 PM   #16
OCM

I just had new Toyo's put on all around. They spin balanced all tires. Is your system better? I have no complaints so far.
OCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:36 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
From all of the reviews I have read, there isn't one negative regarding their system. It is permanent versus using bags of beads. It should reduce the vibration to the whole rear end and give a better ride. When balancing, you have to do it frequently to maintain good wear. Now, that is just my opinion.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:52 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Centramatics

I bought my Centramatics on the internet and then found out that I live near the factory. Drove over there and had them installed. If I had bought them there, I think that they might have installed them at a discount (or possibly for free).

They do a great job.

I once bought an used RV that had balancing sand in the tires, but the dealer did not tell me about it. I caused a slow leak by checking the tire pressures. Good Sam's Roadside came to the rescue after the tire went flat. Glad I have the Centramatics now.

Jerry
Old 02-14-2018, 11:31 PM   #19

Centramatics

We had two balancers installed on the front steers temporarily while chasing a vibration issue. The only downside was you could see them right behind the holes in our aluminum wheels. Took a way from the look, IMHO.

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture to show.

Dealer took them off while fixing the real problem, and I haven't decided whether I'll eventually put them back.
DDBRVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:00 PM   #20

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I put them on both axles on my H1 and they made a HUGE difference.
(There's basically no hope of balancing 38x15.50 mud tires.)

Never needed them on my old toter and don't know about the new motorhome yet (picking it up tomorrow), but won't hesitate to install them if needed.
TowDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:06 PM   #21
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I've heard of the Centramatic balancers but never really looked into them. I just watched a video on their website and it looks like they are doing exactly what beads inside the tire does! What is the difference?
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:13 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGundy View Post
From all of the reviews I have read, there isn't one negative regarding their system. It is permanent versus using bags of beads. It should reduce the vibration to the whole rear end and give a better ride. When balancing, you have to do it frequently to maintain good wear. Now, that is just my opinion.
Centramatic's are being delivered Monday via UPS. 🚍🤠
Old 02-15-2018, 12:16 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I've heard of the Centramatic balancers but never really looked into them. I just watched a video on their website and it looks like they are doing exactly what beads inside the tire does! What is the difference?
The bead bags will need to be replaced each time you remove the tires for repair or replacement. This is a one time purchase for I am hoping the life of the coach. 🚍🤠
Old 02-15-2018, 12:26 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Beads inside the tire are located further away from the center of the tire. The further out the balancing beads the better.

With the Centramatics, the balancing weights (beads) can only be located out as far the inside edge of the wheel/rim.

So on a 22.5 wheel with a /295/80 tire the Centramatic balancer beads are about 10 inches from the center of the wheel (half the wheel diameter) - and with regular tire beads the beads are located more like 14 inches from the center of the wheel. On the same size tire/wheel.

With that said, I have the Centramatics because of the ease of reusing (moving them) them when a tire is changed.

I created the drawing below to illustrate my point:
Attached Images

CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:19 PM   #25
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
The bead bags will need to be replaced each time you remove the tires for repair or replacement. This is a one time purchase for I am hoping the life of the coach. 🚍🤠
If you're using the ceramic beads then I see no reason why they can't be transferred from one tire to another!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:46 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
If you're using the ceramic beads then I see no reason why they can't be transferred from one tire to another!
The bags that hold the beads are designed to break up inside the tire cavity and become loose.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:56 PM   #27

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Centramatic's are being delivered Monday via UPS. 🚍🤠
I have centramitics on the fronts and my rear are being delivered on Monday too. I also have a chrome dually valve stem kit coming soon after. I'll be glad to take the SS extenders off that take forever to air up and they are the weak link prone to fail.
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 04:07 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Here is one of many products available. http://innovativebalancing.com/mobile/

Tags
ems